E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AUX Cable install Directions??

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

Hey guys,

i got my aux cable in and i have no clue where to plug it in. i looked all over the forum for a dyi, but no1 has it. the bmw directions suck. any help?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Members

My Ride: The UDM

Try the AUX output in your glovebox, if there is one
Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Cold Weather Package Navigation and Logic7 Package Sport Suspension Package

Originally Posted by InFBMW
Try the AUX output in your glovebox, if there is one
All I have there is the cd changer and bunch of fuses. Am I not seeing it?
Old 04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Contributors

try in the middle of the back air condition fenders there should be an AUX input, at least my M5 has it and its 06 model.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i sport

Check out this.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by bmw550ifreak
try in the middle of the back air condition fenders there should be an AUX input, at least my M5 has it and its 06 model.
My AUX input is in the same place too...
Old 04-20-2010, 12:06 PM
Members

My Ride: Completely standard (but well specced) 530d 2006

Your car is too old to have aux. You will need to retrofit an iPod connection. If you do have one it should be in the centre arm rest one the back surface. :-)
Old 04-20-2010, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 titanium silver metallic Like new 41k Cold Weather Package

I had the retrofit done a couple months ago, freakin love it! Iphone 3GS sounds so mint on 3G internet radio. I had the resistors taken out of my cable so I get good bass response as well.

You need to run a cable to the back of your stereo, swap 3 pins in a plug that should already be there. Secure the cable in the glovebox. Go to the dealer with lots of lube and bend over, remove your pants and have them probe you, I mean program you. After programming you will see an aux option where you currently see AM FM CD and now AUX!

I'm in a good mood today for some reason, I don't know if there was something in the air or what not but it's been a good one so here you go

bmw_auxinput.pdf

Cable Mod
Old 04-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Members

My Ride: The UDM

Originally Posted by Dan's BMW
Your car is too old to have aux. You will need to retrofit an iPod connection. If you do have one it should be in the centre arm rest one the back surface. :-)
What do you mean too old ? I have an 05 and I've got an AUX in my glovebox

xxrap985xx: Do you have an AUX option in iDrive ?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 PM
Members

My Ride: Present--'04 545i- Premium, Sport and Comfort Seat Packages; Aux Input Cable, Staggered RFT Tires, 65K miles as of 04/10, 6-Speed Manual, Active Headlights, L7 Audio, Auto Sunshades Past--(FIRST CAR EVER OWNED)--1981 318i Euro Specs

I just installed my aux cable this weekend and it works awesome. Somebody stated you had to have the resistors removed, but I didn't and it works just fine. That being said, you will not get the bass unless you have the aux programmed on your idrive. Cost me $150 at bmw. Don't let them charge you for more than one hour of labor becuase the instructions only require one hour to install the whole thing, including programming.

1.disconnect battery
2.remove glove compartment. drill hole and install aux cable input just below the flashlight. AFTER I DID MINE, I REALIZED THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY SKIP THIS STEP AND INSTALL THE AUX CABLE INPUT "HOLE" ANYWHERE YOU WANT. I ACUTALLY HAVE A SMALL LITTLE "CUBBY" HOLE AND HAVE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE LOCATION TO INSIDE THE "CUBBY" HOLE. YOU CAN ACTUALLY TAKE THE "AUX INPUT" PLATE OFF AND JUST ATTACH THE HOLE TO THE WOOD TRIM IF YOU WANTED (when i say wood trim, i mean what surrounds the stereo and a/c). IT'S PRETTY LOW PROFILE AND WOULDN'T LOOK TOO BAD.
3.remove wood trim on dash
4.remove face dash that covers stereo
5.pull out stereo
6.pull out the connector on the rear bottom right side.
6a. route aux cable around the back of the stereo from the glove compartment
7.remove pins from aux connector and connect slots 2, 7 and 8 on connector removed from stereo
8.put car back together
9.you will get sound, however, it will be real bad until you get the car reprogrammed.

Good luck

If you have anyquestions. don't hesitate to call me. text me first and let me know you are calling or leave a voicemail. I normally don't answer out of state numbers. 702.370.7230 ed corales

Quick Reply: AUX Cable install Directions??