E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

auto wipers

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 07:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package
Smile

my 535d auto wipers are slow to react i.e. very often i am forced to wipe the screen as i feel they should be already on.
The sensitivity switch is set to the most sensitive setting.
Does anyone else experience this?
Can the dealer adjust the sensitivity same as lighting circuit?
or does it require a software update?
What do you think? thank you
Old 01-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by the-man-himself' date='Jan 8 2005, 05:10 PM
my 535d auto wipers are slow to react i.e. very often i am forced to wipe the screen as i feel they should be already on.
The sensitivity switch is set to the most sensitive setting.
Does anyone else experience this?
Can the dealer adjust the sensitivity same as lighting circuit?
or does it require a software update?
What do you think? thank you
[snapback]77068[/snapback]

My dad wipers are to slow to.Just the same problem
Old 01-08-2005, 07:46 AM
Members

I felt there was an improvement in the sensitivity and the adjustment when I upgraded the software from version 11 to version 13.2. WHat version are you using?
Old 01-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Senior Members

It's been discussed a lot before and I've noticed the same with my Nov 04 build. I have yet to see the benefit of this option over intermittent wipers.
Old 01-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d Titanium Silver, Black Nasca Leather, Servotronic Steering, , De-Chrome, Bi-Xenons including Headlight Washer Jets, adaptive headlights, Advanced A/C, Auto Dim Interior & Exterior Mirrors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Front Centre Sliding Armrest, extended lights package

don't know my software number but was built oct 04
Old 01-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

With very light rain and in the dark I have the same issue.. I just tap it down extra to give me some visibility.. The sensitivity knob doesn't work for me. I don't notice a difference between the settings..
Old 01-08-2005, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

Mine are absolutely fine and always seem to work at the correct speed. If anything they are a little too sensitive and sometimes drag the wipers across the screen when there are only a few drops of water in the sensor area.

Have you tried cleaning the screen around your sensor with a piece of newspaper to get rid of surface grease that accumulates on the glass? Newsprint is great for cleaning glass.
Old 01-09-2005, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jan 8 2005, 03:27 PM
Have you tried cleaning the screen around your sensor with a piece of newspaper to get rid of surface grease that accumulates on the glass? Newsprint is great for cleaning glass.
[snapback]77180[/snapback]
Haven't really tried that yet, but mine was never any good (IMO) from the day I left the dealership (it was raining).

Maybe it works better in a climate where it's rains 90% of the time
Old 01-09-2005, 01:28 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by JBOO' date='Jan 9 2005, 03:22 AM
Maybe it works better in a climate where it's rains 90% of the time
[snapback]77359[/snapback]
Evidently not.... he's in the west of Ireland and his wipers must be on permanently there
Old 01-09-2005, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Jan 9 2005, 11:28 AM
[quote name='JBOO' date='Jan 9 2005, 03:22 AM']Maybe it works better in a climate where it's rains 90% of the time
[snapback]77359[/snapback]
Evidently not.... he's in the west of Ireland and his wipers must be on permanently there
[snapback]77370[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yep, cars over there come with the option of a periscope and flotation devices.
I think my own starts to wipe at the mention of a weather report. It's unfortunate that the auto feature replaced the intermittent function (which I prefer) rather than being in addition to it.

Quick Reply: auto wipers