E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Auto Headlights / New Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528i Premium Space Grey

Originally Posted by BenAnd' post='912938' date='Jun 16 2009, 12:10 AM
Hi

First : the light/rain sensor is one sensor ( two in one ) , second : the sensor is not a part of the rearwive mirrow , it is mounted to the frontshield with 2 plastic clamps onto a part that is pre. glued on the windshield from the factory .

Do your rain sensor function work ? ( wiper function when wather sprayed on the windshield )

My gess is that the people that have changed the windshield forgot to connect the black 4 pin connector back on the sensor after they finished the windshield work , so take of the cover around the rearwive mirrow ( 2 half parts put together from each side ) and tjek out if the connector is in place , if you got Klima HIGH , there will also be a fog-sensor attacehed to the windshield , it's located underneath the rain/light sensor in the black aerea ( black 2 pin connector )
Pretty close, good sir!
I took it back to the glass shop. It was raining lightly, so I found out that indeed my rain sensor wipers were also malfunctioning. THey told me they had encountered some problems in affixing the sensor to the pre-glued part of the windshield. They had a spare sensor unit there from another BMW install, so I saw exactly what the unit looks like...the shape of a hockey puck only smaller. Anyway, they ordered a new sensor called me at noon to tell me to drop by. They replaced the sensor in about 15 minutes, and all is good now.
I'm not happy that this happened in the first place, but I was very impressed that they fessed up, obtained the sensor and did the fix, all on their dime.
Sometimes when a company has a service failure, they can win you over by how well they recover. In this case, they did very well.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Glad it all worked out...
Old 06-16-2009, 09:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW e60 525IA 12/2003

Hi

Thats what I call VERY good service , save driving
Old 06-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by goodchip' post='914061' date='Jun 17 2009, 12:20 AM
Pretty close, good sir!
I took it back to the glass shop. It was raining lightly, so I found out that indeed my rain sensor wipers were also malfunctioning. THey told me they had encountered some problems in affixing the sensor to the pre-glued part of the windshield. They had a spare sensor unit there from another BMW install, so I saw exactly what the unit looks like...the shape of a hockey puck only smaller. Anyway, they ordered a new sensor called me at noon to tell me to drop by. They replaced the sensor in about 15 minutes, and all is good now.
I'm not happy that this happened in the first place, but I was very impressed that they fessed up, obtained the sensor and did the fix, all on their dime.
Sometimes when a company has a service failure, they can win you over by how well they recover. In this case, they did very well.

Glad that is resolved.