E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

auto A/C query (not advanced A/C)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my UK-spec e60 has the standard automatic air conditioning

but the 'air supply' (fan speed 1/2/3/blast) is NOT adjusted in automatic mode: only the distribution and temp are controlled, resulting in a NON-automatic aircon system.

Do you have the problem?
Old 02-28-2004, 09:25 AM

Can someone pls come up with an answer to skid's question? If his suspiscion is corrrect, it is fxxxxxg outrageous, and the info in the 5er brochure is outright false.

However, I kinda cant believe that somewhere deep inside the idrive there isnt a box to check for this, and of course I will investigate as soon as I get my long longed for 5er.
Old 02-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Moonride

Yes, this has puzzled me too... - when the temp's come up, the fan doesnt slow. What, am I supposed to fiddle the fan speed up and down as conditions require? Yes, I know, the fan switch has number markings which wouldnt make sense with auto fan speed. But this applies as much to the air distribution, which is definetely auto.

There must be a trick to this, somehow. Whose gonna crack it?
Old 02-29-2004, 08:23 AM
Members

I get my new 530d tomorrow with standard air con, will be interesting to see how it works, I'll let you know
Old 02-29-2004, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

the only trick, i fear, is bmw marketing!

the manual has ONE strategically placed * regard auto-air distribution... but of course it is an option that is not detailed anywhere as being one
Old 02-29-2004, 02:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

on my usa spec 530i my air and heating fan controls for speed are auto once the temp gets to the selected temp the speed does adjust on the heat and the ac, also in the idrive menue and adjust the intensity of the auto control i hope this is what you were asking.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Members

Gents,

This is highly outragious!!! My 530i Euro spec has the standard A/C which is auto (not the advanced) and the only thing auto about it is the air distribution. The manual says that the air distribution+fan speed is supposed to be auto. <_< What is BMW doing to it's loyal customers????!!!???? Does anyone have any ideas on this. I beleive this car has so many things hidden and controled by software. Easy marketing tricks I would say. Who can SAVE US!!
Old 03-01-2004, 02:53 AM
Senior Members

we have been royally scre*ed in several ways... the AC fan switch, mechanical as it is, will not be controllable via the software, or so i would expect

this, the non-tilt side mirrors... things that bmw owners have learned to expect have been left out, according to the dealers and BMW themselves, at least so far, the answer is 'tough luck'.

next time it will be the eSeries
Old 03-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Members

Hmm, this is disappointing, I had gone through the operation of the air con with the salesman in a car that was off in the show room when I placed my order and was under the impression that pressing the auto button would switch between defrost in the morning and normal operation. When I picked my new car up yesterday I think he was as surprised as I was when it didn't control the fan :/
Old 03-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Norway

Hi,
I asked my dealer today. He said it is a fix for this in a new SW upgrade that is coming in the middle of march.

Quick Reply: auto A/C query (not advanced A/C)