E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Auburn Leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 06:01 AM
CME
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of the nicest interior colors I have ever owned!!

Chet
Attached Thumbnails Auburn Leather-dsc00193.jpg   Auburn Leather-dsc00194.jpg  
Old 06-29-2006, 10:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by CME' post='305057' date='Jun 29 2006, 08:01 AM
One of the nicest interior colors I have ever owned!!

Chet
Nice pics.

What is the general concensus on the best wood for the auburn? - I am partial to the anthracite as I currently have it with my black interior.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:45 AM
stu
Members

Hi ; Lived with mine now for over 2 years and we all still love it!
Old 06-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Contributors

As you can see from all the posts there are only a couple of people that have posted negative (slightly) comments about the Auburn interior and those are ones who DON'T actually have Auburn in their cars. From the people who do have Auburn 100% of the respondants said they love it......add me to that bunch.

The first thing you need to know is that Auburn is NOT orange in person, however, in 99% of the pictures it looks orange, especially pictures taken with a flash. See it in person for sure. I have had it in my car for 1.5 years now and it is the single item that gets the most compliments from people.....not the car itself, not the M-Kit, not anything else but the Auburn interior.

The only other colors that I would consider are not available in the US: Truffle Brown, and Amethyst.

By the way, I don't agree with the statement "You can't go wrong with black". For me black would be wrong each and every time because it just kills all the beautiful lines of the interior design. So if someone does not like the E60's interior design then black would be the perfect color for them.

As far as which wood trim goes better with Auburn......this is where you will get a split among the hard core Auburn lovers. I personally don't like the Poplar (brown) wood at all (with any color interior). I ordered my Auburn with the Anthracite Maple (dark gray/black) wood and they looked great together. However, since I like the aluminum look better I swapped the Anthracite trim with the ALU Shadow trim from the M5.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Contributors

I have Active Steering and will never get another BMW without it. I have always loved AS since day 1 and this past weekend I got further confirmation of why I love AS. I was driving the canyon roads with other SoCal members and it was just so much fun with AS. Very good control and no need to turn too much. Having SMG just made the experience that much better because I had complete control of the gearbox and the steering without having to take my hands off the steering wheel on turns.

It just bugs me when people keep saying that AS is good for parking only. I could care less if it helps during parking, it is how much enjoyable and fun AS is during driving that makes me like it and will keep me coming back for more AS on future cars (unless it is not available on that car).