E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Auburn Leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think black with auburn interior t aste like britney spears before she got a baby!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Arrived on 12/31/09 2009 Black Sapphire Metallic 535i with Steptronic, Auburn interior, Sport and Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium, PDC, Nav, Comfort Access. Additions include Valentine 1 Hardwire and Dinan Stage II! Graduating from a 2006 - 530i

I have A/S and an auburn interior. I like both. The auburn is a nice contrast to the all black esp in the summer. The active steering makes the car feel smaller and more responsive.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530d Touring
Model Year: 2007

Originally Posted by wavehogger' post='304289' date='Jun 28 2006, 03:38 AM
Everytime I see my Auburn I get all warm and fuzzy inside

It makes meel feel a little sick too!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:57 AM
Members

My Ride: Ordered: 530D Touring Silver Gray (A08), Auburn Dakota Leather (LCRK), Maple Wood, Steptronic, Bluetooth, 116 style 17'', Railbars, Sport suspension, Sport stering wheel

Originally Posted by largeface' post='303985' date='Jun 27 2006, 12:05 PM
Dear e60 members,

I am in a dilema, so I come to you for advice.
Which would you choose, Black or Auburn interior?
If any of had gotten the Auburn interior, how many of you would get it again the next time and why.
I already had the black interior, which was just fine, but I thought I'd try something new. Let me know~

For Auburn, I am just worried that over time it would die out on me and soon begin to hate the color.
Do not worry! AUBURN. It gives much more light to the interior.
I have it and every day I am sure of my choice.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 520d with BMW Night Vision, Adaptive Bi-Xenon, Adaptive Cruise Control, Pro Logic 7, Pro Nav with DVD changer and TV, Aux in for Ipod, Hella White Taillamps, Red Angel eyes, HUD, BMW Individual Backseat DVD with infrared headsets, Alp White 3, Comfort Seats with ventilation electric memory, sunroof, PDC, Alpine remap, M-Sport, Dynamic Drive, Steptronic ..... (ALL OPTIONS) (Why not get all options then buying a bigger engine?)

AS is especially good when parking No idea about Auburn I don't like orange or -ish
Old 06-28-2006, 11:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

I was in the same dilemma as you... I have had black interiors in 2 our of my 3 cars before purchasing my 06 550i and I was just thinking it would be so boring to have black again... so I went with the Auburn. The dealer actually just told me... what do you think about Auburn? And I was like what????? SO he took me to a car with an Auburn interior and I couldnt say no. I have been happy ever since I have bought my car and I have received many compliments on the color... and as someone said before... do not choose auburn based on the pictures in this forum... go take a look at it yourself first. Im sure you will be happy with it.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:36 PM
Members

My Ride: Booked: E70n X5 40d M. Carbonblack, oyster, comfortseats, Nav Pro, Active Drive, Panoramic, Hifi PRO DSP, HUD, Alutrim, Satin ext, gloss rails, towconnector, elctric lid, alarm and more. FS: E61 535D -06, Activesteering, Comfort seats, Hifi, M-steeringwheel, PDC, Rails, Tinted windows, Folding mirrors, Towconnector, Alu trims, Panoramic roof, ISO FIX, SonyEricsson BT-HF, 124 wheels, Alarm, Electric lid, Aburn interior, Xenons, Silvergrey and the crappy cupholders!!!

I had titanium silver with black and now silver grey with auburn. Love the new one and now I have more "windowshoppers" hanging around my car.

It stands out with the auburn interior and I also feel that black can you have with all brands and all price levels of cars. Auburn is telling that this is a car that have been choosen more or less on a indivisual basis and that's also what he paied for!

AS- This is the second one that I ordered AS and I don't regret it. But AS is a dividing option, some like it some don't. Go your way...
Old 06-28-2006, 05:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Monaco Blue/Auburn/Poplar/6MT/Prem Pkg/Sport Pkg/Prem Sound/Act Steering/Nav/Comf Seats/ Folding Rear Seat/HUD

Originally Posted by jiio' post='304079' date='Jun 27 2006, 04:40 PM
I would get AS again, hands down. I just did a canyon run with some wicked S turns, never shifting to 4th gear. It was all 2nd and 3rd gear driving. The AS didn't affect me at all.
I love it as well. It was perfect for mountain roads on ED trip to Swiss Alps and on windy roads in Tuscany. Have taken 3 trips into Smokey Mountains since the car was redelivered last December, and the AC handles like a dream. Thumbs up to Auburn as well. Still luvin' it.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Too much cream-of-tomato soup for me, especially in such sharp contrast to dark colors. With black, I wanted the warmer beige this time around, as the gray is so , well, gray. But, that's what they had on the lot, so gray it is.

Cheers,
Ray Hull
Old 06-29-2006, 05:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i. Sapphire Black Metallic/Auburn Leather/Anthracite trim. Sport/Comfort Access/Navigation/Satellite/HD Radio/HUD/Premium Sound/M Aero Kit/with 50% tint sides & rear. 19" Style 166s.

Auburn all the way if it's available.

American manufacturers haven't seen the light with the contrasting combinations like this yet. It's very European!

Whenever someone sees my car, the first thing they say is the insides are "sweet".

Quick Reply: Auburn Leather