E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ARGH!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been in the hunt for a 545i for a few months now, after selling my NSX. Have found a few that are far away, priced too high etc. Well just my luck. I find one that is PERFECT for me. Black/black 61000 miles, mtech front, updated rear. The only thing I would've needed would be sideskirts. I would've picked it up last week, however I'm out of town for business. I've become pretty good acquaintances with the private dealer who was selling the car. I finally have a day to go fly and pick it up, only for me to call and find out, someone from texas just bought it an hour earlier

the frustration of having to go find the right one sets in again
Old 10-29-2009, 07:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by gs'd ya' post='1043285' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:41 PM
I've been in the hunt for a 545i for a few months now, after selling my NSX. Have found a few that are far away, priced too high etc. Well just my luck. I find one that is PERFECT for me. Black/black 61000 miles, mtech front, updated rear. The only thing I would've needed would be sideskirts. I would've picked it up last week, however I'm out of town for business. I've become pretty good acquaintances with the private dealer who was selling the car. I finally have a day to go fly and pick it up, only for me to call and find out, someone from texas just bought it an hour earlier

You snooze, you lose.

I am sure that you'll find another one,
Old 10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by gs'd ya' post='1043285' date='Oct 29 2009, 09:41 PM
got your PM. Will respond ASAP.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

they wouldn't let you put a deposit down?

Originally Posted by gs'd ya' post='1043285' date='Oct 29 2009, 07:41 PM

Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Members

Originally Posted by acuteperformance' post='1043346' date='Oct 29 2009, 11:43 PM
they wouldn't let you put a deposit down?
Nope! Speaking of which. I had a deal done with a guy in NY, my fiancee had told me she sent out the check on a friday (later found out she never sent it, thanks honey). He called me on saturday, saying he had gotten a higher offer, so he had taken that one.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:26 PM
Contributors

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by gs'd ya' post='1043285' date='Oct 29 2009, 10:41 PM

You might be better served by finding and connecting with a reputable car dealer / broker (references are very very important) who will hunt the car you want at one of the many high line auctions. When I've done that in past years it was based on a pre-set commission+ the wholesale price of the car + pre-agreed expenses and fees.

+ It'd help to note your location in your profile.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

that's grounds to call off the wedding

Originally Posted by gs'd ya' post='1043358' date='Oct 29 2009, 08:53 PM
Nope! Speaking of which. I had a deal done with a guy in NY, my fiancee had told me she sent out the check on a friday (later found out she never sent it, thanks honey). He called me on saturday, saying he had gotten a higher offer, so he had taken that one.