E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone's iPod Freeze??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 525I SE 2005

HI
Mine is OK no problem
Old 05-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMW.Thailand' post='868337' date='May 5 2009, 06:37 AM
HI
Mine is OK no problem
You've got the good one Just by sheer luck Apple had to have made one good one.

iPods and iPhones are Apple fanboy garbage. Emperor's new clothes junk. There's only one thing they have going for them - they're shiny and look pretty. That soon wears off, unlike the smudges and fingerprints on the stupid touch screens and the shiny rear side. The frequent freezes, the shit battery policy (anyone carry a spare battery for their apple product? oh no, you can't, we won't let you, we want to rip you off for $100 and make you send the whole thing back to us). The iphone fails miserably when compared against a proper product like a Nokia N95 which runs rings around it in terms of functionality. I was given an ipod from work as a bonus when a project completed ahead of schedule. Biggest piece of crap ever. It sits in a drawer frozen and unable to startup. As for Macs, i've had two (both given to me by work - I didn't want them). The first one was an iBook which died a miserable death (out of the 6 or so laptops I've ever had, how coincidental that the only one that died was the apple one). I'm stuck with a Mac mini piece of shit now. At least it doesn't take up much room, it has that going for it. It's crap though. I have to have a monitor plugged into it permanently, I can't just rely on having a VNC server and expecting it to startup and be available for remote control. Half the time it fails to start properly and needs something clicking on. If only the american government had not pushed microsoft around with anti-trust laws - maybe Bill could have put apple out of business. What a joyous situation that would be.

Yes, I joined the facebook groups "I will never buy an Apple product" and "Not a member of the apple cult".

Ditch the apple gadgets, ditch itunes, and use a DRM-free music service like Amazon-MP3 and use an MP3 player that accepts MP3 and WMA and be free from the apple tyranny.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:29 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Apple FTW!!!
Old 05-04-2009, 11:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nelson29' post='868447' date='May 5 2009, 09:29 AM
Apple FTW!!!
You have a poster of Steve Jobs?
Old 05-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525d SE Mystic Blue

Assuming you're using the OEM ipod solution as I am...

I've had this problem, not so much now, but when it was colder it happened almost every morning. I found the easiest fix was to set one of the steering wheel buttons to "next input source", then just click 4 times to go through all inputs and back to ipod. (FM, AM, CD, ipod). After this the ipod picks up at the start of the last played track as normal. This seems to be the fastest reset.

I've got an ipod touch 2nd gen 32Gb that's also pretty full. I've found that if the last track was from an album or artist view, it will take a minute or two to rebuild the directory, just like when you first select MP3 2 or 3. So I stick to playlists now, which restart immediately. (I only have 8 playlists).
Old 05-05-2009, 05:12 AM
Members

Happens to me too. My Nano is less than a year old and is religiously updated anytime there's a release from Apple. The thing with mine is, that it only happens once every week or so (never the same song). Song max is 256kbps. I'll be driving along and it will just stop....nothing. Took it to the dealer, but they couldn't reproduce it. Very aggravating.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='868437' date='May 5 2009, 03:06 AM
You've got the good one Just by sheer luck Apple had to have made one good one.

iPods and iPhones are Apple fanboy garbage. Emperor's new clothes junk. There's only one thing they have going for them - they're shiny and look pretty. That soon wears off, unlike the smudges and fingerprints on the stupid touch screens and the shiny rear side. The frequent freezes, the shit battery policy (anyone carry a spare battery for their apple product? oh no, you can't, we won't let you, we want to rip you off for $100 and make you send the whole thing back to us). The iphone fails miserably when compared against a proper product like a Nokia N95 which runs rings around it in terms of functionality. I was given an ipod from work as a bonus when a project completed ahead of schedule. Biggest piece of crap ever. It sits in a drawer frozen and unable to startup. As for Macs, i've had two (both given to me by work - I didn't want them). The first one was an iBook which died a miserable death (out of the 6 or so laptops I've ever had, how coincidental that the only one that died was the apple one). I'm stuck with a Mac mini piece of shit now. At least it doesn't take up much room, it has that going for it. It's crap though. I have to have a monitor plugged into it permanently, I can't just rely on having a VNC server and expecting it to startup and be available for remote control. Half the time it fails to start properly and needs something clicking on. If only the american government had not pushed microsoft around with anti-trust laws - maybe Bill could have put apple out of business. What a joyous situation that would be.

Yes, I joined the facebook groups "I will never buy an Apple product" and "Not a member of the apple cult".

Ditch the apple gadgets, ditch itunes, and use a DRM-free music service like Amazon-MP3 and use an MP3 player that accepts MP3 and WMA and be free from the apple tyranny.

A classic thread crapping.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by JeffNNJ' post='868323' date='May 5 2009, 12:25 AM
BFN (Brand F*&^ing New)
Can you still return the iPod and get another?

Have you tried using a different iPod (if any)?
Old 05-05-2009, 05:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by theXman' post='868529' date='May 5 2009, 03:30 PM
A classic thread crapping.
Awww shucks. Thanks for that
Old 05-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530i 87 325is 85 VW GTI

I have three ipod videos and the all freeze up after extended playing. Normally when i'm snowboarding or studying. In my car i have to disconnect it and reconnect it for it to reconfigure cause it starts sounding like a cassette tape being ate up.

Quick Reply: Anyone's iPod Freeze??