E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone want to trade wood trim??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I picked up my 2005 530i Silver gray metallic/Black leather and it came with the Poplar grain wood trim. I ordered the Anthracite Maple wood trim but the dealer F'd up. I obviously had to take the car because you can't get 05's any longer and I needed a car. The car has 50 (FIFTY) miles on it. With all due respect to the people on this board who have the poplar wood, I just can't stand it. I ordered the Anthracite for a reason. I knew what I liked. Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed. Is there anyone out there that wants Poplar wood trim and has the Anthracite Maple trim to give me? If not, tell me how much it would be to replace the wood with either stainless trim or the wood I ordered. Thanks very much for all of your help. I appreciate it, and don't flame me for disliking the poplar wood. It's cool, it's just not me. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:12 PM
Members

if the dealer made a mistake then he should be responsible for replacing the wood trim... without extra costs.... don't you think that it would be the best solution?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Contributors

One would think so, but not in this case. Supposedly, the exact car I wanted to order was already at the port so I just took that one never really discussing the color of the wood on that car. Technically, you could say I F'd up and not them. They aren't being pricks about it. They seem to be sensitive to my issue but they're certainly not going to spend $1000 + or whatever it costs to replace it.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:49 PM
Members

okay now I understand... well then this is the best solution... let's hope someone I ready for it... I wish you good luck...
Old 02-22-2005, 02:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by poleposition' date='Feb 22 2005, 02:00 PM
So I picked up my 2005 530i Silver gray metallic/Black leather and it came with the Poplar grain wood trim.? I ordered the Anthracite Maple wood trim but the dealer F'd up.? I obviously had to take the car because you can't get 05's any longer and I needed a car.? The car has 50 (FIFTY) miles on it.? With all due respect to the people on this board who have the poplar wood, I just can't stand it.? I ordered the Anthracite for a reason.? I knew what I liked.? Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed.? Is there anyone out there that wants Poplar wood trim and has the Anthracite Maple trim to give me?? If not, tell me how much it would be to replace the wood with either stainless trim or the wood I ordered.? Thanks very much for all of your help.? I appreciate it, and don't flame me for disliking the poplar wood.? It's cool, it's just not me.? Thanks.
[snapback]93249[/snapback]
Try this link:http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=7513
Old 02-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition' date='Feb 22 2005, 05:00 PM
So I picked up my 2005 530i Silver gray metallic/Black leather and it came with the Poplar grain wood trim.? I ordered the Anthracite Maple wood trim but the dealer F'd up.? I obviously had to take the car because you can't get 05's any longer and I needed a car.? The car has 50 (FIFTY) miles on it.? With all due respect to the people on this board who have the poplar wood, I just can't stand it.? I ordered the Anthracite for a reason.? I knew what I liked.? Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed.? Is there anyone out there that wants Poplar wood trim and has the Anthracite Maple trim to give me?? If not, tell me how much it would be to replace the wood with either stainless trim or the wood I ordered.? Thanks very much for all of your help.? I appreciate it, and don't flame me for disliking the poplar wood.? It's cool, it's just not me.? Thanks.
check with ledbettm he has anthecite and wants to change to poplar (dont ask me why) I have black leather with anthracite trim
Old 02-23-2005, 03:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by surgeon' date='Feb 22 2005, 09:50 PM
[quote name='poleposition' date='Feb 22 2005, 05:00 PM']So I picked up my 2005 530i Silver gray metallic/Black leather and it came with the Poplar grain wood trim.? I ordered the Anthracite Maple wood trim but the dealer F'd up.? I obviously had to take the car because you can't get 05's any longer and I needed a car.? The car has 50 (FIFTY) miles on it.? With all due respect to the people on this board who have the poplar wood, I just can't stand it.? I ordered the Anthracite for a reason.? I knew what I liked.? Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed.? Is there anyone out there that wants Poplar wood trim and has the Anthracite Maple trim to give me?? If not, tell me how much it would be to replace the wood with either stainless trim or the wood I ordered.? Thanks very much for all of your help.? I appreciate it, and don't flame me for disliking the poplar wood.? It's cool, it's just not me.? Thanks.
check with ledbettm he has anthecite and wants to change to poplar (dont ask me why) I have black leather with anthracite trim
[snapback]93346[/snapback]
[/quote]

I did, I haven't heard from him yet. If anyone sees him online, please direct him to this link. Thanks.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Members

My dad ordered antracite to but we have maple. I'm happy whit the mistake ! I more like the maple wood
Old 02-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i; Manual Shifter

Sorry to hear that.
I think the Poplar looks more appropriate with lighter shades of leather. In my case, I've got the beige interior with the Poplar wood trim. I don't think the Anthracite would be a good match with beige leather seats.

On the other hand, the Anthracite trim looks good with black leather seats and makes a good match.

Does anyone have pics of Anthracite with beige? Just curious.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i, black sapphire metallic, sport package, 5 speed

did you ever get anyone to buy your poplar wood trim?