E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Anyone renew their Sirius subscription lately?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

When I purchased my 530xi in August, the previous owner had a Sirius radio subscription that he said he'd just let me enjoy until the subscription ran out. Well, it ran out today, and I have to say that I think I'm hooked. I didn't originally think that I wanted to pay money to have radio, but there are a few channels that I do really enjoy. I don't have an iPod interface, so I think I want to reup.

I looked online at the Sirius site and the cheapest deal I could find is a $7 per month ala carte for 50 channels, which isn't toooo bad, but I wanted to know if there might be deals to be had for prior subscribers, since my name isn't on their list. If anyone has any insights, please let me know.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i had sirius in my car and my tractor trailer. when i got the car i hooked up the series and had to pay an extra 8 amonth. once i got my system installed i quickly realized how shitty the sirous sounded compared to ipod and never used sirus again. so i canceld it in my car. after i did that sirius has not stopped calling me at least 3 times a day trying to give me a deal. last time they called i answered and replyed "lick my fucking balls" and hung up they havent called again
Old 01-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jayarras
When I purchased my 530xi in August, the previous owner had a Sirius radio subscription that he said he'd just let me enjoy until the subscription ran out. Well, it ran out today, and I have to say that I think I'm hooked. I didn't originally think that I wanted to pay money to have radio, but there are a few channels that I do really enjoy. I don't have an iPod interface, so I think I want to reup.

I looked online at the Sirius site and the cheapest deal I could find is a $7 per month ala carte for 50 channels, which isn't toooo bad, but I wanted to know if there might be deals to be had for prior subscribers, since my name isn't on their list. If anyone has any insights, please let me know.
I just renewed mine ... no bargains out there! wound up costing me about $140 for 12 months for the total subscription. In addition to the come-on prices they advertise there is a music license fee and sales tax too (at least for us in NJ. I went out there looking for coupons etc .... No luck :-( And MrRebates applies to the purchase of equipment NOT the subscription.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by luigi524td
I just renewed mine ... no bargains out there! wound up costing me about $140 for 12 months for the total subscription. In addition to the come-on prices they advertise there is a music license fee and sales tax too (at least for us in NJ. I went out there looking for coupons etc .... No luck :-( And MrRebates applies to the purchase of equipment NOT the subscription.
Actually, I came across this:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-...ius&lastpage=1

I may try it. $77++ ain't too bad.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:35 PM
Contributors

http://www.fatwallet...rius&lastpage=1

Let me know how you make out ... I can always call them back and try the cancellation approach! After all I always say it's not how much you make but how you spend it
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

IMO I can't stand the sound quality of SAT Radio - it makes a premium sound system sound like crap. I'd rather burn CD's or spend that money on an ipod interface to get far better sound quality and not have to pay royalty fees.

With wireless internet blowing up the way it is I think SAT Radio's days as we know it now are numbered. You can stream it to a mobile device and tether it to your car (the F10 is already going in this direction)and get much better sound quality for the money you pay in monthly fees.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Administrator

I hear ya, pukka...

All this may be a mute point. I lost my job a week or so ago, and so now the wife wants me to hold off on this until I pick up another one. Hopefully that will be soon.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
so i canceld it in my car. after i did that sirius has not stopped calling me at least 3 times a day trying to give me a deal. last time they called i answered and replyed "lick my fucking balls" and hung up they havent called again
That happened to me too. I had it in my E46, then told them to cancel it while I tried to sell the car and get into an E60. I told them it would only be for a month or so, but I guess they put me on the list of people who were gone for good and got the same Sirius number calling me back 2-3 times per day. Because of that, I won't ever be re-upping my subscription.

Between my iPod adaptor and streaming Pandora, I really don't miss it.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Not me, I got tired a couple of years ago. They do play commercial free music, and it's uncensored, but they still play the same 8-10 songs over and over - YAWN!!!! I got a refund and bought an iPod
Old 02-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 535i Sport, 6 speed, Aero Pkg, Prem, CA, Cold Wthr + Rear Htd Seats, Nav, Sat, HD, Heads-Up, Night Vision, Rear Shades

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-...ius&lastpage=1

I've done the $77 deal on my wife's Acura (XM) for two years now. Just call to cancel and then they transfer you to customer retention.

I just don't drive my car enough to justify for myself (short commute).

Quick Reply: Anyone renew their Sirius subscription lately?