E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GOOD RACING STORY???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WHO HAS ANITHER RACING STORY WITH THERE 5 ????????
Old 03-25-2005, 02:49 PM

Question

I raced a Lambo Murcielago with my Ford Pinto SVT!
Old 03-25-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 520dA coming up.

Only on the playstation, driving my M5 in Gran Turismo 4
Old 03-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Contributors

Not a race, but raced pass a group of five or six cars that were hogging both freeway lanes. Raced right past them and up a small plateau at about 105... guess who was at the top??? Yep. FIVE of em' sitting in the median. All waiting for an idiot like me.

Was in military uniform, and talked my way out of a ticket.
Old 03-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by DRIVER' date='Mar 25 2005, 05:06 PM
WHO HAS ANITHER RACING STORY WITH THERE 5 ????????
[snapback]106706[/snapback]
I had a race with a Volvo V40 Turbo along a country lane and beat him fair and square. He eventually caught me up by cheating as he used his full set of hidden behind the grill blue flashing lights. How we laughed as he gave me 3 penalty points and took ?60 off me! Of course I explained the car was a slow diesel, built for economy and couldn't possibly have reached 85mph! He was having non of it!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:37 AM
Members

I only had two encounters...one against a Mini Cooper S works and one against a debadged Mercedes E430 (I found out later it was a E430 by entering his license plate on an internet site) The Mini Cooper S Works was pretty fast but I went past him, although slowly.

The one against the Mercedes was more fun! He gunned it off the line and I reacted a fraction later (cuz I wasn't expecting him to launch)....he got a half car length on me which I made up when we reached 100kph, then I put him on a 2 car distance up to 180kph when I had to shut down (80kph zone ) and he did the so called fly by. He had a shocked look on his face when I started walking on him!

If I had gunned it right from the start he would have been dusted pretty easily.
Old 03-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

I've read some similar experiences between the new Mustang GT's and 545's - mostly on the highway. Bottom line is the big 4 door wins! Here's a story I posted on a 'kill' forum a few weeks ago.

Coming home from work, caught up to a new Mustang GT on the highway and we diced a little, but too much traffic. I was able to keep him a couple car lenths ahead of me during a few 3rd gear runs, maybe pulling very slightly. As it happened, we both turned off at the same exit and were ready to go. It was a wide 2 lane road and we came to the stoplight with him in the left lane, me behind him. A Mazda Protege in the right lane (damn).

Light turns green and he gets a slow start, so I let up until he punches it. I'm a car length back through first, then hit a perfect shift to second at 6500 and I'm climbing up his back so I have to tap the brakes. I round out second with him gaining a couple car lengths because of the tap, then I'm even through the shift to third and he maintains a carlength or so most of the way through third. Maybe I pulled very slightly at the top of third, then we brake and he turns off. I was running my winter setup of 32 lb OEM wheels. If I'd had my 22 lb BBS wheels I'll bet I would have reeled him in in 3rd.

Nice car, lots of torque, engine sounded great. Don't know how tough they are to launch and shift, but that part wasn't as impressive.
Old 03-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Guest_Lucky_*

It happened last year at the end of November. I was driving in my 530d, with wife on my right side, bound to Venice from Genova. It was quite late in the evening, around 10,30 pm. For some reason the highway was almost totally empty, no traffic, and I was really enjoying driving my BMW, setting my cruising speed well above 200 kph. Just close to Padova Est gate I was speeding at 240 kph indicated when I got into a yellow Porsche 997, occupying the left lane in front of me and just a little bit slower than me.
I flashed him and, surely totally caught by surprise, he suddenly moved on the right lane. When I bypassed him I saw a very nervous guy inside shouting something and after few seconds, I heard a big roar coming from my back and I saw in the mirror the yellow Porsche on my back that started to flash. Unfortunely, we were entering a curve at around 240 kph and I didn't feel safe to move on the right before the end of the curve. Probably the guy in the Porsche decided he coudn't wait so long, so suddenly moved on my right and bypassed me on the right at full speed. What he didn't see was that, in the middle of the curve, there was a big truck with trailer just in the middle of the highway! As soon as he bypassed me he saw the truck and immediately pushed on his brakes as hard as he could! I saw smoke coming out from his tyres! He stopped at no more than one meter from the truck and, believe me, it was quite frightining. Luckily my wife didn't really realize what was happening, so she was not disturbed.
Probably the guy with the Porsche decided that for that evening he had enough action and so he didn't try any more to catch me.
That's how an oil burning sedan smoked a 997 Porsche Carrera!
Old 03-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by BMW535d' date='Mar 26 2005, 12:37 PM
I only had two encounters...one against a Mini Cooper S works and one against a debadged Mercedes E430 (I found out later it was a E430 by entering his license plate on an internet site) The Mini Cooper S Works was pretty fast but I went past him, although slowly.
[snapback]107054[/snapback]
Really? a 535d is fast no? almost as fast as a 545... and you didnt walk clear away from the JCW MINI? That sounds awesome! does that mean I need to fork out $6K to dump into my MINI?
Old 03-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Well..Lets just say my girlfriend lives by a major highway and it takes me about 30 minutes to get home..so i get bord and I look for trouble!!!

I pull up to a red traffic light on this major highway..I see a car in the distance coming to the light at a fast speed.. finally when it reaches my tail i can see the head lights..From the look of it i swore it was a Hundi..so light turns green and theres about 2-3 cars in each lane ahead of us before an open highway... so i notice hes riding my ass (we are in the far left lane)...and finally i see him trying to go around the car that i was keeping even with in the middle lane...as he does so I quickly pull forward to go around the car from the front due to there was a car in front of me and we were both tryin to get in the open lane... so i quickly get into the lane before he does..I look in my rear view and HES RIGHT ON MY ASS...i wasn't expecting that from no Hundi..so at this point its acknowledged that we are racing..so I quickly see open pockets thru traffic... I start weaving in and out of lanes and at high speeds i may add doing about 80 mph at this point.. I then get in to my own open lane (far right) but we then come to a traffic light and he pulls up right behind me...Once again I try to get a look at the car.. then I notice the grill.. it had the Bentley looking grill..took a look at the head lights again... IT WAS A CHRYSLER 300!!! so at the lgiht I get my trip ready to go light turns green i take off and to my surprise he was already on my ass as if i'd been pulling him... I then get into the middle lane and just watch as he flys byyy <_< I take a look it was the Hemi version... all I got to say is, that things got power, it past me with ease i tried keeping up but there was no chance in hell i was gonna catch.. overall I would say I had the better skill but if I only had the 4.5L engine then the outcome of this story would have been different..

I got more Chrysler stories if you want to hear and some BMW vs. BMW if you want to hear

Quick Reply: ANYONE ELSE HAVE A GOOD RACING STORY???