E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Any records for HPFP failure?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:27 PM
e6t
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
tuned or not, it can happen...a re-flash isn't that expensive to get if flashed back to stock post hpfp replacement
im not saying that i expect to keep it from failing... i fear voiding the warranty. also, i dont fully trust that a reflash is undetectable.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by e6t
im not saying that i expect to keep it from failing... i fear voiding the warranty. also, i dont fully trust that a reflash is undetectable.
even then, reflashing to stock and then back to tune isn't that expensive, there are members that have taken their tuned cars for hpfp replacement and nothing found...but piece of mind goes a long way, so I understand your hesitancy....
Old 05-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, platinum gray with cream beige dakota leather, premium, sport, comfort access, navigation, heated seats, sport auto with paddles, premium sound, sat radio, ipod

Originally Posted by ADD
That's under 1,000 miles. Gotta be a record.
Nope... 15 miles is the NEW record. Today I picked up my 08 535 after having it's fuel pump replaced a second time and on the way home - within 15 miles of the dealership - I get the engine light and i-drive message. Car stalled and limped. That makes three fuel pumps on this car gone bad - the one it came with, the second one at 7,000 miles, and my third today at 29,000 miles just 15 miles after picking it up. And the part number on this one?... 13-51-7-613-933 (the newest one, which by the way says it's remanufactured).

Did re-start and drove it home. Plan to take it back tomorrow.

By the way, my reason for taking it in originally was a stuttering/shudder when accelerating. Took field rep for a drive two days ago to demo the problem and while driving the HPFP went out! Now returned, the car still studders while driving and now HPFP is gone too.

BMW, sure would appreciate some help here!
Old 05-26-2010, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by wantmye90
Nope... 15 miles is the NEW record. Today I picked up my 08 535 after having it's fuel pump replaced a second time and on the way home - within 15 miles of the dealership - I get the engine light and i-drive message. Car stalled and limped. That makes three fuel pumps on this car gone bad - the one it came with, the second one at 7,000 miles, and my third today at 29,000 miles just 15 miles after picking it up. And the part number on this one?... 13-51-7-613-933 (the newest one, which by the way says it's remanufactured).

Did re-start and drove it home. Plan to take it back tomorrow.

By the way, my reason for taking it in originally was a stuttering/shudder when accelerating. Took field rep for a drive two days ago to demo the problem and while driving the HPFP went out! Now returned, the car still studders while driving and now HPFP is gone too.

BMW, sure would appreciate some help here!
lemon/buyback time....contact bmw NA directly if your dealership doesn't step up to the plate..GL
Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
lemon/buyback time....contact bmw NA directly if your dealership doesn't step up to the plate..GL
+1! I had a customer who had a 335i and has had this problem several times...By the time I left, he had the lawyers # from David and a case started lol!
Old 05-26-2010, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by skeeter
+1! I had a customer who had a 335i and has had this problem several times...By the time I left, he had the lawyers # from David and a case started lol!
hope I don't need that # from dbae
Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

What is the problem w this part exactly? Is it weak? Made of plastic? Is it a harbor freight quality POS? It just stops working? Poof just like that? Why can't they just build a gnarly massively powerful version? Would that solve the problem? it would seem if they made it out of titanium for every N54 it still would be cheaper overall than all this BS involved, w changing it 5 times per car. And all the lemons out there?!? What exactly is the problem here BMW???
Old 05-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Members

My HPFP failed for the 4th time a few days ago...
Laugh? Cry? Buy a Merc?
WTF is wrong with the design of the HPFP? This is ridiculous...
Old 05-27-2010, 01:10 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 VW Passat Wagon 2.0l Tsi Grey/Grey Budapest 18" Lost to HPFP issues: 08 535i sport pkg Lost to Dreaded E61 Sun roof leaks: 07 E61 530Xi

went threw 5 in 10 months... numbers 4 and 5 on the same day with less than 10 miles on #4...
Regional rep was driving with Master mechanic from dealer in the car on the highway after the replacement in the morning testing it out. It conked out , and they had to use Roadside assist to get the car back to the dealer since neither had their phones on them.

BMW customer service called me that afternoon.
There are some story's about some x6's owners having their HPFP fail in the lot of the factory during the factory pick up thing in South Carolina, and few in the Mountains of NC on the way home , and having the thing towed back to the factory, and getting another truck to get home.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

I've had mine FP replaced for 2 months without any issues other than rough idling in the first 10 seconds of cold startups, this occurs almost daily. Drives fine although the software Software update is 37.2.0.4 feels different than before. I cant say it's good or bad.

I am warming up to getting the GIAC reflash soon. Anyone out their with the latest HPFP or part# 13-51-7-594-943 on it and running GIAC S1?

Quick Reply: Any records for HPFP failure?