5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Any news on Navi Prof retrofit? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/any-news-navi-prof-retrofit-752/)

bisgma 03-30-2004 11:41 AM

As you might know, the latest info from BMW Sweden (and probably the rest of Europe) is that a kit for retrofit of the Navi Prof will be made available during May. However, this is not yet confirmed. The BMW policy (internal memo) at the moment is to avoid more info on potential dates for the technical action. They have been giving me five different dates, starting in the August 2003. A rumor from a German forum claims BMW has a software problem but that the hardware is ready to be launched. I spoke with the head of the technical service dept of a major BMW dealer the other day. He has been with the company since 1985 and has never before experianced a similar problem. BMW AG is not sharing any info on this topic.

Is there anyone out there who has more information? What is the story in your country?

nick 04-02-2004 12:19 PM

I was waiting for the Nav too...

:angry:

I never going to buy a car on for first year production.

I'm very disappointed by BMW.

Just give us a date, when we will get our Nav......

Guest 04-02-2004 10:12 PM

I was expecting a call from my dealer this week but heard nothing.

This is very annoying! I have 3 long trips through Europe to do before end of June.

I find the Business NAV ok but miss the convenience of seeing where I?m going and especially where I am, on the map display.

Really, really bad BMW!!!!! :angry:

cidair 04-02-2004 10:13 PM

Sorry, forgot to log in before posting.

cidair 04-02-2004 10:14 PM

I heard some rumor that there were even more problems with retrofitting the Pro NAV if you have HUD.

Anyone knows anything about this?

Guest 04-27-2004 05:36 AM

Read on another forum that the first Nav Prof retrofits were performed last week in Germany. Some with success and some with SW problems.

Any news for the rest of Europe?

BMW525UK 04-27-2004 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 27 2004, 07:36 AM
Read on another forum that the first Nav Prof retrofits were performed last week in Germany. Some with success and some with SW problems.

Any news for the rest of Europe?

That is indeed good news.

I still cannot understand why it is so difficult for BMW to convert The Business NAV to Professional Nav since all the wiring is already present!!!

bisgma 04-29-2004 02:55 AM

BMW Sweden confirmed today that the Navi Prof retrofit will be delivered in a few days.

JWO 04-29-2004 04:27 AM

What is the requirement to get the NAV retro? Does the car have to have pre-wiring (like for the BT)?

cidair 04-29-2004 11:10 AM

NAV PROF is arriving!! GOOD NEWS :D

I think you need the prewiring ( 6UA ). Probably not possible without it?