E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

any new changes to graphics for progman update soon?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 12:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering when the next major software updates are for nav and idrive... with changes in navigations graphics...
i don't know why in japan, the graphics look sooooo much nicer in their e60s compared to ours....

cheers everyone
Old 10-23-2007, 01:24 AM
Contributors

They do...? Can anyone post pictures of a Japan E60 Satnav so we can see what you mean?
Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY2005 E60 525i M Sports

Japanese E60's use a totally different ccc unit and satnav system compared to ours (ccc dvd)...their ccc is an md/cd slot on the dash while our's is a cd/dvd...we use navtec dvd maps, they use bmw custom made navigation hardware & software for japan...they don't even use a dvd map anymore (MY2006 onwards), but they have a built in hard drive in their boot that stores the map...the map data is too big that it won't even fit on a double layer dvd anymore (the map data is definately more than 8.5G...their map is also integrated with their highway toll paying system via built in special transponder gadget on the front windshield and behind the rear view mirror...their map also shows 3-D buildings when in perspective view, and on top of that, the illustration of the sky even changes accordingly to night/day time when the headlights are switched on/off...but, unfortunately i don't have pictures...sorry russ...
Old 10-23-2007, 04:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535d M-Sport '06 Plate - Carbon Black - Black Leather - Pro Sat Nav - Logic 7 - HUD - Bluetooth - Privacy Glass - 172M 19" Alloys - Heated Seats - PDC - Adaptive Headlights - Extended Voice Control - Paintshield Extended - M5 Boot Finisher - Bright White LED Internal Lighting - Dension Gateway 500 Ipod/USB/Aux Integration

After trawling through the bmw.co.jp website this is the only one I could find..........

Old 10-23-2007, 04:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by MarcsOnFire' post='484965' date='Oct 23 2007, 07:17 AM
After trawling through the bmw.co.jp website this is the only one I could find..........

This is Brilliant
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Premium,Cold,Xenon Packages

Holly cow!! thats darn good.. I guess US car are ages behind in Cars Tech like the cell phone technology I guess
Old 10-23-2007, 12:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi Deep Sea Blue-Natural Brown Dakota Leather

We've got a new 2008 Lexus and the GPS-Nav system is by far way superior to the Germans. Remember, its the Germans who decide what "they think" we should have in the USA. THey feel we should not drink and drive so they don't build any "real" cup holders. BUT They smoke and think we all need ashtrays. I've been driving German cars since 1983 and they are always several years behind the Japanese cars in technology...and still are.

Awaiting delivery of my 535xi in early Nov. Its on the ship and scheduled for dely to NYCity on the 29th and a few days later it'll be in PA.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:16 AM
Members

wow... i wish BMW can update our systems so that the graphics can be on par as the japanese models... not fair!!
please BMW, bring us some magic to our cars for the nav part... some of my friends are saying that the nav graphics are kind of lame....

anyways, i hope BMW can improve our graphics soon with their next software updates

by the way, can we modify the starting screen graphics for our idrive?
just wondering if we can now...

cheers everyone!!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bikerbill' post='485127' date='Oct 23 2007, 03:05 PM
We've got a new 2008 Lexus and the GPS-Nav system is by far way superior to the Germans. Remember, its the Germans who decide what "they think" we should have in the USA. THey feel we should not drink and drive so they don't build any "real" cup holders. BUT They smoke and think we all need ashtrays. I've been driving German cars since 1983 and they are always several years behind the Japanese cars in technology...and still are.

Awaiting delivery of my 535xi in early Nov. Its on the ship and scheduled for dely to NYCity on the 29th and a few days later it'll be in PA.
Thats why I have the built in bratwurst steamer and the sauerkraut heater in my glove box!!! I always knew there was a good reason for that.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Almighty JungleBoy' post='485415' date='Oct 24 2007, 05:16 AM
wow... i wish BMW can update our systems so that the graphics can be on par as the japanese models... not fair!!
please BMW, bring us some magic to our cars for the nav part... some of my friends are saying that the nav graphics are kind of lame....

anyways, i hope BMW can improve our graphics soon with their next software updates

by the way, can we modify the starting screen graphics for our idrive?
just wondering if we can now...

cheers everyone!!

BMW marketing must have alot of control over their company. Why not use the concept of best demonstrated practices and use the best technology used in the Japanese market and employ it in their cars wordwide. Why keep the old technology in any market if they have already developed it in Japan. Just doesn't make sense. I have the MY 07 and I don't even have real time traffic in my Nav.

Quick Reply: any new changes to graphics for progman update soon?