5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Any Comments on My New 550i Order (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/any-comments-my-new-550i-order-77696/)

monacobmw 05-24-2009 07:33 AM

Hi,
I am going into the dealer today to order a new 2010 550i.
Here is the Package:

Carbon Black Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Ventilated Seats
M Sport Package--ARS
Value Package (NAV and Ipod/USB)
Comfort Acess
Power Rear Sunshade With Manual Side Window
HD Radio/Satellite
Premium Logic 7 Radio
Heads-Up Display

What is the best color for the trim for black/black (Bamboo?)?
What kind of transmission features should I get? Sport Auto Transmission with Paddles?
What about Active Steering?
Do I need to worry about the type of seat that I get, or will I automatically get the best seat for this model (comfort vs. sport)?

Could anyone make the case to talk me into the 535i instead? I don't like wasting fuel if I do not need the extra horsepower, but the 550i is the 550i. When you "up" the regular 535i with the M Package, is the only other difference the engine (you also have to pay $1900 for NAV, which is not in the value package and you have to buy some extra comfort package stuff)?
Am I missing anything?

550i now 05-24-2009 07:38 AM

[What is the best color for the trim for black/black (Bamboo?)?

YES

What kind of transmission features should I get? Sport Auto Transmission with Paddles?

YES

YES

Do I need to worry about the type of seat that I get, or will I automatically get the best seat for this model (comfort vs. sport)?

Comfort's are best

monacobmw 05-24-2009 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by 550i now' post='888312' date='May 24 2009, 11:38 AM
[

Comfort's are best

How do I order the "comfort" seat with the M-Package? Do I really want to do this? Is it an option?

Frank5er 05-24-2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='888309' date='May 24 2009, 10:33 AM
Hi,
Here is the Package:

Carbon Black Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Ventilated Seats
M Sport Package--ARS
Comfort Acess
HD Radio/Satellite
Premium Logic 7 Radio
Heads-Up Display

Could anyone make the case to talk me into the 535i instead? I don't like wasting fuel if I do not need the extra horsepower, but the 550i is the 550i. When you "up" the regular 535i with the M Package, is the only other difference the engine (you also have to pay $1900 for NAV, which is not in the value package and you have to buy some extra comfort package stuff)?
Am I missing anything?

+1 550i :devil: IMHO, based on what comes std with the 550i plus a plethora of available options and if you were to match all of the options on the 535i, you'd end up paying just a little more for a bigger engine.
+SAT with Paddles :twoup:

oh..lucky! :mad: :D

lorinzo 05-24-2009 08:00 AM

Bamboo

SAT with paddles

I didn't think it was all that

The best seat is included with the M sport package

pennetta 05-24-2009 08:15 AM

Get sport auto and active steering. I would only get the 535i if you also got the Dinan Stage II software, otherwise the 550 is plenty fast anyway. Colors are your choice. Good luck

sdg1871 05-24-2009 08:31 AM

Just do it. Great set up.

Go with the SAT as people here love it.

You get comfort seats with the sports package.

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='888309' date='May 24 2009, 11:33 AM
Hi,
Here is the Package:

Carbon Black Metallic
Black Dakota Leather
Ventilated Seats
M Sport Package--ARS
Comfort Acess
HD Radio/Satellite
Premium Logic 7 Radio
Heads-Up Display

Am I missing anything?

Kzang 05-24-2009 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by 550i now' post='888312' date='May 24 2009, 11:38 AM

Comfort's are best

Forgive my ignorance but I thought sport seats were same as comfort seats.

midwest bmw 05-24-2009 10:04 AM

Do not get this car w/out Sport Auto Tranny...

JDoug550 05-24-2009 11:44 AM

I'd recommend the anthracite headliner.