E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Any closeup pictures of black and anthracite maple wood?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Dealer said my option list on the 550 is flexible for two weeks until the order number gets locked. This is good because I can rethink my choices, and bad because I've struggled with a few.

Based on input from this forum and another BMW salesperson, I'm going with the Logic 7 over comfort access. Glad about Logic 7 after hearing it (superb), WTHeck was I thinking? May ditch active steering, as it might lead to curb rash if someone other than me drives the car. Not sure if it helps durng high speed driving and I haven't noticed it during fast test drives. Maybe I can drive two cars back to back this weekend.

Will stick with the sports seats.

The salesperson advocates getting black interior with anthracite maple wood, as he thinks it goes better with the modern formed dash. With no such 5ers optioned on the lot, he showed me his white 645i with black and anthracite. I must say it looked sharp and fit the modern theme of the car. However, the 6's dash (better looking than the 5er IMHO) has a lighter black or greyish dash, and the anthracite wood looked better with its swirl pattern opposed to the vertical stripes in the 5er. I've looked everywhere on this site, but have not seen a good view of black leather with this wood. I suspect camera flashes drown out the contrast.

Anyone have a clear and sharply constrasting pic of black and anthracite? Any help would be appreciated.

CVT Benhogan
Old 01-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by CVTBenhogan' post='218895' date='Jan 3 2006, 08:59 PM
Dealer said my option list on the 550 is flexible for two weeks until the order number gets locked. This is good because I can rethink my choices, and bad because I've struggled with a few.

Based on input from this forum and another BMW salesperson, I'm going with the Logic 7 over comfort access. Glad about Logic 7 after hearing it (superb), WTHeck was I thinking? May ditch active steering, as it might lead to curb rash if someone other than me drives the car. Not sure if it helps durng high speed driving and I haven't noticed it during fast test drives. Maybe I can drive two cars back to back this weekend.

Will stick with the sports seats.

The salesperson advocates getting black interior with anthracite maple wood, as he thinks it goes better with the modern formed dash. With no such 5ers optioned on the lot, he showed me his white 645i with black and anthracite. I must say it looked sharp and fit the modern theme of the car. However, the 6's dash (better looking than the 5er IMHO) has a lighter black or greyish dash, and the anthracite wood looked better with its swirl pattern opposed to the vertical stripes in the 5er. I've looked everywhere on this site, but have not seen a good view of black leather with this wood. I suspect camera flashes drown out the contrast.

Anyone have a clear and sharply constrasting pic of black and anthracite? Any help would be appreciated.

CVT Benhogan
Good move on Logic7--you'll love it!

The pix in the information section, showing the interior pix of black dakota leather with anthracite maple trim, are my car. I had the same combo in my E55 a few years ago and liked it so much that I got it in my 545i:
http://www.e60.net/information/options/int...thracite_maple/

Here's one more: