E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Another reason to get Comfort Access

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

The other day I returned from a busines trip and took the shuttle bus to the car lot. I had the keys to my car in my overnight bag. Not thinking where the keys were, I opened the trunk (which opened) placed my bag in it and closed the deck lid. As I was closing it, I quickly realized I was about to lock my keys in the trunk but it was too late and it clicked shut. Fortunately, in a milisecond, the alarm and lights went off followed by the trunk automatically opening! I thought to my self, that was really cool and how skrewed I would have been if CA didn't recognize where the keys were.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Senior Members

Talking

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='471609' date='Sep 19 2007, 01:54 PM
that was really cool.
+1
Old 09-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i, Carbon Black, Black Dakota, Black Diamond Trim, 6sp Sport Automatic with Paddles, M-Sport Package, Premium Package

Comfort Access is one of the things that I am most looking forward to on my new car. I have two young kids and am always loaded down with stuff. I think CA will improve my life immensely.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW-Alpina B5 Touring #007, Malachite Green w/ Caramel Individual interior 1999 BMW 840Ci Sport Individual, Techno Violet w/ Champagne Individual interior

Comfort access rocks. Only problem now is that when I'm in one of my other cars, I jump in, belt up, then realise I need to ferret around for the key in my pocket...
Old 09-19-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Originally Posted by hythe' post='471622' date='Sep 19 2007, 03:14 PM
Comfort access rocks. Only problem now is that when I'm in one of my other cars, I jump in, belt up, then realise I need to ferret around for the key in my pocket...
Very true I find myself always trying to just open the door on my wife's car...then have to look for the key to unlock it!
Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='471609' date='Sep 19 2007, 01:54 PM
The other day I returned from a busines trip and took the shuttle bus to the car lot. I had the keys to my car in my overnight bag. Not thinking where the keys were, I opened the trunk (which opened) placed my bag in it and closed the deck lid. As I was closing it, I quickly realized I was about to lock my keys in the trunk but it was too late and it clicked shut. Fortunately, in a milisecond, the alarm and lights went off followed by the trunk automatically opening! I thought to my self, that was really cool and how skrewed I would have been if CA didn't recognize where the keys were.

... and for those who do not have c/a, do not forget to carry your valet key on your wallet. I always do. One day I locked my trunk with the key to my car in the trunk. Luckily, i had my valet key on my wallet.!

My two cents for those without c/a.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hythe' post='471622' date='Sep 19 2007, 04:14 PM
Actually, I can top that. It's so convenient that occasionally I get to the car, grip the handle and wonder why it doesn't open. I guess it's because I don't have the comfort access implant in my arm yet - I left the key upstair.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Members

Comfort Access is indeed a great feature. One way they could improve it would be to have the puddle light and interior lights come on when you approach the car. That's the way my Lexus worked and it was a teriffic feature at night in parking lots. I would also like it to be somewhat easier to get the doors to lock.
Old 09-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

For those of w/o CA, would BMW Assist be able to unlock the trunk if necessary?
Old 09-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='471609' date='Sep 19 2007, 09:54 PM
Don't want to devaluate the CA but without the CA, you would not have been in the position to have put your bags with keys in the trunk as without CA you would have needed to take your keys out of the bag in the first place regardless, you are definitely right - it is a great feature to have (maybe a bit too pricey)...

Quick Reply: Another reason to get Comfort Access