E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Another picture of my car...

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 04:09 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This picture was taken at the wedding of my girlfriend's parents a couple of days ago. Since I haven't been able to take some descent pictures since my car was delivered 4 weeks ago, I thought I might post this one, hope you'll like it!

btw, I will take some pictures ASAP and post them for all of you who are awaiting delivery, I know the wait is long, but it is well worth it!
Attached Thumbnails Another picture of my car...-img_1955.jpg  
Old 05-31-2004, 04:23 PM
Contributors

Great color!!
Attached Thumbnails Another picture of my car...-545.jpg  
Old 05-31-2004, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

Thanks! I love the color too, but I must say that the sun and the blue sky had something to do with it too!

btw, do you see me smiling? That's what happens when you get behind the wheel of a new E60.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:24 AM
Members

Nice car. I see that in your options you have listed a Music Keg MP3 player. Can you please explain how this is connected?
Old 06-01-2004, 01:45 AM
Members

JohanDC

Lovely car and color ... guess because of the lightness of the Titanium Silver, it kind of plays with / reflects the surrounding colors. Excellent. I also think the black confort seats go well with it.

When is the 535d coming out ... now I know what options to realy go for.
Old 06-01-2004, 06:00 AM
Senior Members

salio - The Music Keg is connected to my stock radio through a Kenwood FM modulator. Right now the unit isn't working yet because the antenna cable connectors used by BMW are not standard ones (surprise, surprise!) The FM modulator will put the audio signal directly on the antenna cable (when I finally receive those darn connectors) and will cut off the external antenna to prevent any other broadcasting station from interfering. The FM modulator has a small panel (comparable with a removable display from a Kenwood radio) to control the unit. This display is mounted in my glove box right underneath the CD Changer. I wanted it to be located in there because I do not want to mess around with the nice stock look of the dashboard. The modulator also comes with an ir remote which I will use to control the unit (=opening the glove box and pointing the remote in that direction to change tracks etc). The Music Keg itself is mounted in my trunk up side down to the upper panel. I will take some pictures of it and post them as soon as I am able to do so, I hope this answers your question.

LogicMan - Thanks! I love the color combo too. I had so much second doubts about the Titanium Silver while I was awaiting delivery of my car, but each time I went to BMW Belgium to take a look at the E60's that were on their parking lot and I saw/compared it to the other colors I remembered again why I order this color! The color matches the black leather of the comfort seats perfectly and to make thing even better I ordered the Titanium interior trim, which looks really sporty and classy at the same time. I will try to take some pictures of it as well ASAP and post them.

btw, the 535d will come out around September if I am not mistaken. I guess this is gonna be a really crazy car to drive. Too bad that our tax and insurance system prevents me from buying it due to the heavy premiums that I will have to pay for it. I guess I will keep my 525d for some time to come.
Old 06-01-2004, 01:56 PM
Members

Thanks Johan. This MP3 connection is a liitle more involved than I would be comfortable with. I guess I will wait and see if we get MP3 playback with future software upgrades. This might be a pipe dream but I am encouraged by the MP3 software routines that I see when I do the magic sequence with the I-drive knob to get to the software diagnostic screen.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:00 PM
JDN
Contributors

I have been using MP3 converted to WAV in my CD slot. The advantage is that it works. These CDs do not work in my wife's car, but do work in the E60. You can get a lot of converted music on a single CD.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:11 PM
Senior Members

JDN - I do not want to sound rude our anything, but please, a lot of music on a single CD? What are you smoking? My glove box is filled up with CD's and I still have the feeling that I do not have a lot of music with me.

Right now, I am so annoyed that my music keg isn't working yet. I got over 100 CD's on it and I can locate any one of them by a few simple key presses, that's what I am talking about! Having your entire CD collection with you on the road and being able to access it almost as quickly as thinking, hey what am I going to listen to today. Can't wait until my unit is back making a lot of noise!!!