E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Another LCI Headlight Conversion question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530Xi

Ok guys so I know that the topic has been discussd many times throughout the forums. I've been sitting on my laptop for the passed hour trying to figure this out because I really want to get this done and would like to be properly educated prior to going through with the procedure. Can anyone who has done the conversion on a Pre-LCI 5 series chime in and provide some insight? The search results that I have yielded have not been as helpful as I would've liked.

A few things I'd like to know are where I can purchase the necessary components I need, cost, and complications.

Also will I receive any error messages on my dash?

I plan on doing the tail light conversion as well and have decided to go with Bruce's V6 set up as they have proved to work well among those who have used them.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

Originally Posted by dmateo
Ok guys so I know that the topic has been discussd many times throughout the forums. I've been sitting on my laptop for the passed hour trying to figure this out because I really want to get this done and would like to be properly educated prior to going through with the procedure. Can anyone who has done the conversion on a Pre-LCI 5 series chime in and provide some insight? The search results that I have yielded have not been as helpful as I would've liked.

A few things I'd like to know are where I can purchase the necessary components I need, cost, and complications.
Also will I receive any error messages on my dash?

I plan on doing the tail light conversion as well and have decided to go with Bruce's V6 set up as they have proved to work well among those who have used them.

Thanks in advance for the help!
If you are going to go through with the LCI OEM retrofit option, you will not need bruce's cable. You will not have errors after all is done and programmed. here is the thread that will answer all your needs.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/468...celift-lights/
Old 08-10-2010, 04:55 AM
Members

Thanks for providing me with more info. It seems a bit too complicated for me I thought it was going to be as simple as installing Bruce's tail light cables. I think I'll just stick with the ones I currently have. Those instructions on that link were all over the place. But nonetheless thanks!
Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 AM
Members

Is there anyone here in NY who has successfully completed the conversion and is willing to do it on my car? For a fee of course. Please PM if interested.