E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Another Exhaust thread.. for XI models

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014, 12:48 PM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54
Default Another Exhaust thread.. for XI models

I've been trying hard to get to the bottom of this, and I've read lots of threads.

The problem being.. I have an XI model, and it seems that nothing fits the XI model. I can't quite see everything under the car because it has an undercarriage cover for the right side where people mention that they "think" that the dual muffler setups will hit the tank on that side.

I've seen a bunch of "ebay" exhausts that show a lot of people have straight pipes with no mufflers, so I am wondering if that would indeed pass the bump. Of course the next problem is cutting out the stock bumper vs getting an Mtech type bumper. That's another thing that I'm not so worried about.

I have tried to go to a lot of the websites with parts, and again.. nobody lists the XI model in their exhausts. For the exception of DINAN and Magnaflow.

Help? Billyboat someone said they got theirs to fit, yet others did not. It's almost worth my time to buy a cheapo ebay exhaust with no muffler on the opposite tip just to see if it will clear.

There doesn't seem to be any single muffler setups except Dinan and Magnaflow.

Help?

Also, AR downpipes are the ONLY Xi ones to fit as well.. yes or no? Seems to be yes. I'm growing out of the need for speed.. so I'm not actually that motivated to do anything extreme. I was out for the 4series test drive event a couple of weeks ago because my brother is going to buy one.. and the mperformance loaded 435i sounded and moved great! I think my JB4 n54 engine has more top end, but it was really snappy. I noticed that it sounded great.. in fact, I think our 2013 X3 has a louder exhaust than my 08 535xi so.. well I just wanted a little more fun.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:55 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you thought about doing just a muffler delete?
Old 09-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Administrator

Received 101 Likes on 97 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Are we talking about quad exhaust here? You never specifically come out and say.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:25 AM
New Members

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535xi
Model Year: 2008
Engine: n54

I've actually considered the muffler delete and actually saw on m5 forums people cutting open the cans.

I don't know anymore good exhaust shops so I'm hesitant about finding one for the muffler delete. Also slightly worried about bad drone.

I'm not specifically looking for quad exhaust or not, just looking for options.

I saw umnitza lists their quad exhaust as Xi friendly but haven't gotten a reply yet. I look at pictures and see that it's similar to ebay cheapos. I am wondering if I might even buy one and test fit it. . Maybe lop off the secondary muffler and keep it a single. I have rudimentary welding equipment and skills which might be ok if the pieces are off the car. I don't have time to take off the stock one and then roll the dice

Can anyone also confirm if I have to cut the axle back off before putting anything on? M5 shows two clamps.. but i don't quite see anything on my car that indicates it's like that or else I'd be a little more motivated to try something on my own.