E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel Eyes - kit or bulb?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:40 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d M Sport
Default Angel Eyes - kit or bulb?

Hi all,

I have a 2006 535d M Sport, with xenon lights but the yellow looking angel eyes. Having read plenty of posts on this forum on the subject of angel eyes (a hugely useful resource that I've used to solve a loose door seal and a bonnet that wouldn't close properly - thank you!), I know how to change them out, but now I'm confused as to what setup to go for.

Having seen videos and other posts (also on other forums), it looks as if I can either just change the bulbs to LED, which are advertised as "canbus error free" for approximately £2.00/$3.00 each (give or take) or I can go for an LED marker angel eye kit for at least 10 times the price.

What I'm curious about is what the difference is going to be? I'd have expected there to be a dramatic comparison, but it would seem that whichever way I go they aren't particularly visible in the day time -not too much of an issue - and come dusk or low light (that doesn't necessarily warrant headlights), they both look white. Which is the desired effect. What am I missing here? Is this something blatantly obvious that I should've noticed in the descriptions?

Hope somebody can help clear this up.

Ben
Old 01-30-2014, 07:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Hey - For an 06 pre-lci w/Xenon you do have a couple of choices. Personally i would avoid anything from ebay as they can be inconsistent in quality. MTEC V2 or V3 will give you a nice white angel eye - are very good quality - but won't be too visable in daylight. i also think you will be disapointed with the inexpensive led types. The Orions are the best option for results, but you would probably need these professionally installed as the headlight has to be opened and properly resealed. Bottom line is Cheapest is not always best - especially with this type of item,