E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Angel Eyes

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2005, 02:46 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 525D M SPORT Auto Automatic Gearbox Auto Dim / Headlight Wash/wipe Floor Mats Leather interior M Rear Spoiler Professional Radio/CD Metallic paint SAT NAV Bluetooth Prep Remote Control Alarm De-chroming Aluminium Cube Interior Trim First Aid Kit & Triangle Sports Seats Park Distance Control MF-Steer Wheel + Cruise M-Sports Suspension M Steering Wheel M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling I Anthracite Headlining
Unhappy

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, my latest BMW drive is the 525d sport auto. In the last few weeks I have noticed that the amber strip which sits atthe top of the light unit has ceased to work.
Has anybody else experienced this?

I have noticed some threads to do with angel eyes but sadly not one to do with this malfunction specifically.

The only problem I have had with this (7 months old) is the requiremet of a software download for the main idrive controlled unit, which started to mess with the bluetooth and started to give incorrect error messages stating that my barrety had suffered a high rate of discharge.

These were all fixed but I am now wondering if there is another software related issue. My local dealers can't get the vehicle in until two weeks time and their initial "cursory glance" proved fruitless, although I suspect the fact it was raining on the day had something to do with it.

All help/comments will be appreciated - if they're constructive!

Plato......
Old 10-26-2005, 02:52 AM
Senior Members

You probally have CIP 17.0, which I had until yesterday.

CIP 17.0 was full of bugs, and while I had that software, I didn't have any LED's lighs ("eyebrown"), an my voice rec, didn't work..

Yesterday I got 19.1 loaded into my system, and the lights are back and even the voice rec works again!

BUT !!! Now I don't have any bluetooth!! I was at my dealer yesterday, and we tried alots of differnts way to enable bluetooth again - but we could not fix the bluetooth.. Every time our car gets a software update, there are problems witn the bleutooth. My dealer have now ordered a new bluetooth box for my car....
Old 10-26-2005, 04:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Plato' date='Oct 26 2005, 10:46 AM
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, my latest BMW drive is the 525d sport auto. In the last few weeks I have noticed that the amber strip which sits atthe top of the light unit has ceased to work.
This is a common problem with CIP17 - there are lots of posts about this... Look for LEDs. For example LEDs

Your dealer needs to do some more upgrades...
Old 10-27-2005, 12:17 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525D M SPORT Auto Automatic Gearbox Auto Dim / Headlight Wash/wipe Floor Mats Leather interior M Rear Spoiler Professional Radio/CD Metallic paint SAT NAV Bluetooth Prep Remote Control Alarm De-chroming Aluminium Cube Interior Trim First Aid Kit & Triangle Sports Seats Park Distance Control MF-Steer Wheel + Cruise M-Sports Suspension M Steering Wheel M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling I Anthracite Headlining
Unhappy

[quote name='E60Sim' date='Oct 26 2005, 06:52 AM']
You probally have CIP 17.0, which I had until yesterday.

CIP 17.0 was full of bugs, and while I had that software, I didn't have any LED's lighs ("eyebrown"), an my voice rec, didn't work..

Yesterday I got 19.1 loaded into my system, and the lights are back and even the voice rec works again!

BUT !!! Now I don't have any bluetooth!! I was at my dealer yesterday, and we tried alots of differnts way to enable bluetooth again - but we could not fix the bluetooth..

************************************************** *******************************************
Good great news - as I mentioned I have had a software upgrade carried out which did fix my bluetooth - I was able to hear incoming caller but they could not hear me !

I believe I was upgraded to a 20 something version. This gave me a 3D perspective enhancement on my PRO-SAT NAV which was a bonus and it took 5 hours to do. How do I find out what version I have without asking the dealer - is there a way?

Plato
Old 10-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Oct 26 2005, 08:07 AM
[quote name='Plato' date='Oct 26 2005, 10:46 AM']Hi all,

This is a common problem with CIP17 - there are lots of posts about this... Look for LEDs. For example LEDs

[snapback]188807[/snapback]
[/quote]

I believe I was upgraded to a 20 something version. This gave me a 3D perspective enhancement on my PRO-SAT NAV which was a bonus and it took 5 hours to do. How do I find out what version I have without asking the dealer - is there a way?

It's sad yet somehow reassurring that this is not an isolated incident. What I don't understand is that if this is a fairly common problem, why do the dealer's walk around scratching their heads as if it is a total mystery. From the details provided in this forum, I could easily put together a quick troubleshooting guide which would diagnose the the likely point of failure whilst observing the symptoms. Now if I and others can do that why can't BMW.

Or is it that they have but don't want to publicise the fact to much that the whole electronic management system is fragile and fraught with numerous errors which should only be seen in pre-production beta testing.

Thanks for your prompt reply - here's hoping you can arm me with information which will allow me to go to my local dealers and talk rings round them.

Plato
Old 10-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Plato' date='Oct 27 2005, 08:28 AM
[quote name='colejl' date='Oct 26 2005, 08:07 AM'][quote name='Plato' date='Oct 26 2005, 10:46 AM']Hi all,

[snapback]188807[/snapback]
[/quote]

It's sad yet somehow reassurring that this is not an isolated incident. What I don't understand is that if this is a fairly common problem, why do the dealer's walk around scratching their heads as if it is a total mystery. From the details provided in this forum, I could easily put together a quick troubleshooting guide which would diagnose the the likely point of failure whilst observing the symptoms. Now if I and others can do that why can't BMW.

Or is it that they have but don't want to publicise the fact to much that the whole electronic management system is fragile and fraught with numerous errors which should only be seen in pre-production beta testing.

Thanks for your prompt reply - here's hoping you can arm me with information which will allow me to go to my local dealers and talk rings round them.

Plato
[snapback]189363[/snapback]
[/quote]
Bizarre - you should of had 3D Sat Nav from the previous update where you lost the LEDs...

The whole situation is a bit muddled... However, v20 should be pretty good Have a little search about MP3s...........................