E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Alloy wheels

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My less than 1 year old 530D M Sport recently went into my BMW dealers for a front discs and pads change under warranty. I have just noticed that where they took out the centre logo discs on the alloys whilst removing the wheels, they have damaged the alloy by obviously using the wrong tool to remove the logo discs. Im going back into the dealership tomorrow to get them to repair the damage. Anyone had any similar experience. It looks to me as they have used a screwdriver to remove the the centre logo disc hence the same paint damage on both front wheels.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by kjhkent' post='478372' date='Oct 5 2007, 02:52 PM
My less than 1 year old 530D M Sport recently went into my BMW dealers for a front discs and pads change under warranty. I have just noticed that where they took out the centre logo discs on the alloys whilst removing the wheels, they have damaged the alloy by obviously using the wrong tool to remove the logo discs. Im going back into the dealership tomorrow to get them to repair the damage. Anyone had any similar experience. It looks to me as they have used a screwdriver to remove the the centre logo disc hence the same paint damage on both front wheels.
Those roundel logos just pop right out once they get the wheels off. There'd be zero reason to have to use a screwdriver to get them off, and there is no reason to remove them while the wheels are still ON. You just push out from the inside, and they come out very easily. Now, the damage may have occured as a result of something else, like a wheel balance. I have had the hub areas of my wheels damaged by the dealer from their balancing machine, which has a metal tang that goes through that hub opening. Some techs just don't care about cars that aren't their own. Both my OEM's and replicas have been damaged by the dealer from balancing.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DrLev99' post='478384' date='Oct 5 2007, 08:22 PM
Those roundel logos just pop right out once they get the wheels off. There'd be zero reason to have to use a screwdriver to get them off, and there is no reason to remove them while the wheels are still ON. You just push out from the inside, and they come out very easily. Now, the damage may have occured as a result of something else, like a wheel balance. I have had the hub areas of my wheels damaged by the dealer from their balancing machine, which has a metal tang that goes through that hub opening. Some techs just don't care about cars that aren't their own. Both my OEM's and replicas have been damaged by the dealer from balancing.

Thanks for the reply. The dealer has agreed to repair the damage. No argument from them at all. I will ensure I check when the wheels ar rebalanced.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:15 PM
Senior Members

common problem that when it comes to taking off that disc