E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

All E60 in the U.K

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all my fellow british e60 fanatics in london im trying to establish a good working relationship for e60 there in london but the company that im trying to do business with is asking for western union first and then they will ship the product. Is there anyway i can check the validity of this company in London? Do you have like a better business bureau or anyway to check that it exists and that it is legitimate?

Help!!!

Thanks

Company Name:Laurence Star Limited
Nameiana Laurence
Adress:Grove Road 139
City:London
Zip code:E17 9BU
United Kingdom
Old 05-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Members

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='276970' date='May 2 2006, 06:45 PM
To all my fellow british e60 fanatics in london im trying to establish a good working relationship for e60 there in london but the company that im trying to do business with is asking for western union first and then they will ship the product. Is there anyway i can check the validity of this company in London? Do you have like a better business bureau or anyway to check that it exists and that it is legitimate?

Help!!!

Thanks

Nameiana Laurence
United Kingdom
I just ran a quick check with Companies House. This is the body with which all Ltd (Inc) companies must be registered. There is no company by that name.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/d9da695b...46592985#result

Try and get more details such as a company number, references etc. I would tread carefully....

Good luck.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d Sport - Carbon Black, Black Dakota Leather, Media Pack (satnav, bluetooth, CD changer), heated font seats, through load

eBay warns people NOT to use Western Union. For good reason I assume.

Why buy from a UK company. Good deals can be had on UK spec cars bought in Europe. Belgium and Netherlands seem to be popular.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Members

My Ride: Due May 2006: 530d SE Touring, Automatic, Titanium Grey, beige leather comfort seats, light poplar wood trim, sports steering wheel, graduated tinted windscreen, panoramic sunroof, pro radio, logic 7, 6CD, visibility pack, storage compartment pack, adv aircon

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' post='276993' date='May 2 2006, 01:41 PM

Why buy from a UK company. Good deals can be had on UK spec cars bought in Europe. Belgium and Netherlands seem to be popular.

Apparently the difference between UK and European prices has shrunk a lot.
So the advantage of going to Europe is not so great now.
Personally, I've ordered mine through DriveTheDeal.com, who I have seen referred to in the press.
The price was excellent.
You are ordering a UK spec car from a BMW main dealer, but with a discount negotiated by DriveTheDeal.com.
Car should arrive on Friday - so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 05-02-2006, 11:04 AM
Members

I have personally had a bad experience with western union and would advise against sending money that way. You might find that Western Union themselves can advise against the legitimacy of the person you are buying off.

If they are a legitimate UK company why don't they just ask for cheque, credit card or wire transfer!

Good Luck
Cameron
Old 05-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by nbusbridge' post='277000' date='May 2 2006, 07:52 PM
Apparently the difference between UK and European prices has shrunk a lot.
So the advantage of going to Europe is not so great now.
Personally, I've ordered mine through DriveTheDeal.com, who I have seen referred to in the press.
The price was excellent.
You are ordering a UK spec car from a BMW main dealer, but with a discount negotiated by DriveTheDeal.com.
Car should arrive on Friday - so I'll let you know how it goes.
I was going to do the same with DTD but did not fancy the idea of plates from a different region and wanted a reasonably local supplying dealer. Got the local dealer to beat DTD (if Feb 06 - quiet Month) - collected on Saturday

However, I think DTD should be fine, just make sure you have plenty of time to check the car that arrived on a transporter. Wishing for you for a dry day on Friday
Old 05-02-2006, 11:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Diablo' post='276977' date='May 2 2006, 07:06 PM
I just ran a quick check with Companies House. This is the body with which all Ltd (Inc) companies must be registered. There is no company by that name.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/d9da695b...46592985#result

Try and get more details such as a company number, references etc. I would tread carefully....

Good luck.
I have just run a check using a nice little package called risk disk which basically takes a copy of all current info from Companies House. This company definitely does not seem to exist and I have even done a post code search.

Beware!!

Cheers

Ulysse
Old 05-02-2006, 12:02 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by BangleBox_530d' post='276993' date='May 2 2006, 11:41 AM
That good reason might just be because eBay happens to own PayPal, a key competitor

Western Union is a sub of First Data Corporation, the company that processes the majority of your credit card transactions. They are legit, but there are other (quicker/cheaper) ways to move money around.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by swajames' post='277060' date='May 2 2006, 03:02 PM
That good reason might just be because eBay happens to own PayPal, a key competitor

Western Union is a sub of First Data Corporation, the company that processes the majority of your credit card transactions. They are legit, but there are other (quicker/cheaper) ways to move money around.

you guys are jsut awesome aren't you!!! Thanks for all your help

Regards,

Ron
Old 05-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 09 - 520d M Sport - Steptronic - Carbon Black - Black Dakota Leather Sports Seats electric- Auto Climate - Piano Black Bamboo - Antracite Headlining - Business Media Kit - Sat Nav - Bluetooth - CD Changer - Auxillary Port and USB - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Advanced Voice Rec - Auto Dim Mirror - Privacy Glass - 5 Year Service Inclusive Previous -06 - 525 M Sport - Steptronic - Sapphire Black - Black Nappa Leather Sports Seats - Auto Climate - Alluminium Cubed Interior - Anthracite Headliner - Business CD with Auxillary Port - M Sport Multifunction Steering - Bluetooth - Lowered M Suspension - 18" Alloys with RFT - M Badged - M Bumpers and Bodykit - Park Distance Control - Spare Wheel kit - Advanced Voice Rec

Originally Posted by rjcastr' post='276970' date='May 2 2006, 06:45 PM

Help!!!

Thanks

Nameiana Laurence
United Kingdom
A Pal was offered an X5 at stupid money from the same company who said they were based in Marsailles. Again they wanted western Union cash upfront and needless to say they turned out to be fraud

Quick Reply: All E60 in the U.K