E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Advise on little repairs

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 01:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (Nov)2003 530d SE Auto, Orient Blue, Black Dakota Leather, Heated front and rear seats, Business Sat Nav, Servotronic Steering, 6 CD Disc Changer, DeBadged, Star Spoke 124 18" wheels

Hi there,
i'm looking for some advise on getting repairs to my scuffed alloys and a dent to the edge of my door. I'd like to get it repaired by a local Company nearest to London if possible. Failing that I can always to to the dealerships.

Pictures enclosed:
Old 05-29-2006, 02:16 AM
Members

My Ride: (Nov)2003 530d SE Auto, Orient Blue, Black Dakota Leather, Heated front and rear seats, Business Sat Nav, Servotronic Steering, 6 CD Disc Changer, DeBadged, Star Spoke 124 18" wheels

Originally Posted by rohitlad' post='289131' date='May 29 2006, 10:59 AM
Hi there,
i'm looking for some advise on getting repairs to my scuffed alloys and a dent to the edge of my door. I'd like to get it repaired by a local Company nearest to London if possible. Failing that I can always to to the dealerships.

Pictures enclosed:

Can somebody please tell me how to add pictures on this forum, cant quite seem to make it work
thx
Old 05-29-2006, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

How are you trying? You can either upload them as attachments or you can link to photos already on another server.

If you choose to upload them, they can't be huge (I don't remember the size requirements) so you may need to shrink them a little...

As far as wheel repair, I don't know any specific shops in London but there are probably a bunch of alloy wheel repair shops there since they're pretty easy to find in the US. It might be smart to ask the dealer because they probably have a relationship with someone that they use. In the case of my dealership, they have someone who travels to their shop once a week or so to do the repairs. I like that concept because there's less risk with the little things like someone not jacking up the car properly, etc.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

I'm not sure how things are in London, but I always just get my minor dents and dings and wheel scuffs repaired at the BMW body shop. It's more expensive than "Dent Doctor"; however, I just don't trust those guys messing with a $65,000.00 car.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Members

Advise on little repairs-imgp0642_2.jpgAdvise on little repairs-imgp0643_2.jpg
Originally Posted by Rudy' post='289209' date='May 29 2006, 03:36 PM
How are you trying? You can either upload them as attachments or you can link to photos already on another server.

If you choose to upload them, they can't be huge (I don't remember the size requirements) so you may need to shrink them a little...

As far as wheel repair, I don't know any specific shops in London but there are probably a bunch of alloy wheel repair shops there since they're pretty easy to find in the US. It might be smart to ask the dealer because they probably have a relationship with someone that they use. In the case of my dealership, they have someone who travels to their shop once a week or so to do the repairs. I like that concept because there's less risk with the little things like someone not jacking up the car properly, etc.
Ah, my image files were too large to be uploaded