E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Advice, suggestions, comments?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 M5 Saphire - All available options 2006 530i Mystic Blue - All available options for 06 2004 Ford Expedition - Boat hauler.

This past Saturday while driving to our lease return appointment for the 06 530i we were so depressed and when we walked in to the dealer we were greeted by a sales person who made us a deal we just couldnt refuse. The residual was 45K and we ended up getting the vehicle for 35K out the door including certifying it till 100k AND the BMW maintenance upgrade! So we signed the purchase agreement, they gave us a loaner and said we can pick the car up on Monday after it had been certified.

Today I get a call from the sales manager telling me that when they hooked the car up to the computer it was blocked and the message from BMW NA indicated it was some sort of BMW Performace Test Vehicle and that it was not eligible for certification. and so now he wants to take addition dollars off of the purchase price to compensate for a 3rd party warranty and the non-CPO interest rate. I told him i would have to get back to him tomorrow after reviewing the CPO warranty vs. the 3rd party aftermarket warranty.

The vehicle had 2,800 miles when I got if from Bob Smith BMW and it was never disclosed to me this vehicle was used for performance testing. Also I have a copy of the online order form where the dealer ordered this vehicle for a different customer so i cant figure out where the new dealer is getting this informtation and BMW NA is unable to verify.

I am beginning to think the dealership has made a mistake and is making this up so they dont have to eat the costs of certification 3k plus maintenance 3k not to mention they somehow sold me the car at wholesale, but i could be wrong. Not sure what to do and wanted to know if anyone has heard of this kind of situation.

Here is a pic of the twins!
Attached Thumbnails Advice, suggestions, comments?-picture_012.jpg