E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Advice on 2007/08 528i or 550i

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. if it's over your budget, why are you considering it? spend on what you can afford, not what you want.

2. speed is subjective...you get used to what you have. unless you're driving a civic, you won't be using 100% of your throttle every time you need to move your car. i see m5's around DFW all the time and i laugh a little internally. i can't even give my 530i full throttle in most settings in this city, so i'm not sure how they utilize their speed capabilities.

3. just my opinion, but i don't get the infatuation on this board with LCI, so i wouldn't let that sway me. i can see the differences side by side, but right now if you posted a pic of an LCI vs non-LCI, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference. i don't know E60s as well as a lot of people on this board, but i know them better than most BMW owners and definitely better than most non-BMW owners. point i'm making is 98% of the people that see your car aren't going to have a clue if your car is LCI or not or even what that means.

4. number 1 again. seriously, there are so many people that spend more than they have, and cars are probably the #1 purchase in that category.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by tuffluck
3. just my opinion, but i don't get the infatuation on this board with LCI, so i wouldn't let that sway me. i can see the differences side by side, but right now if you posted a pic of an LCI vs non-LCI, i wouldn't be able to tell the difference. i don't know E60s as well as a lot of people on this board, but i know them better than most BMW owners and definitely better than most non-BMW owners. point i'm making is 98% of the people that see your car aren't going to have a clue if your car is LCI or not or even what that means.
IMO, we choose aesthetics such as LCI vs LCI features due to our personal preference, not because one is concerned if someone else is going to notice......

stick around long enough and you will come to notice the subtle differences between the two and perhaps come to
appreciate them......

agreed with tuffluck's comments regarding sticking within your budget...
Old 10-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 528I Sport/Prem

I have a 528 and love it. I didnt buy the car to go fast. I got it for the comfort and gracefulness.

If I wanted a rocket, I would have got a 370z or something
Old 10-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Luxurytax
I have a 528 and love it. I didnt buy the car to go fast. I got it for the comfort and gracefulness.

If I wanted a rocket, I would have got a 370z or something
Same here. Had a Saleen Mustang pumping out 500+hp and got tired of the uncomfortable ride, poor interior and lack of luxury...Love my 528..though I secretly wish there was no such thing as the HPFP problem or I'd be in a 535..
Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
IMO, we choose aesthetics such as LCI vs LCI features due to our personal preference, not because one is concerned if someone else is going to notice......
yeah, just stating it is actually a pretty subtle difference to those that aren't in the know, so it's not something that should make/break a deal. it's not like one has 4 tires and the other one has 3 and a half.

i had a 360-hp Z28 before my bmw, and it was just a different experience. but i guess if you haven't dealt with a speedy car before i could understand why you would want to kill 2 birds with one stone if you can. still, the E60 just isn't a sport's car so if that's what you want there are definitely better options.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by tuffluck
yeah, just stating it is actually a pretty subtle difference to those that aren't in the know, so it's not something that should make/break a deal. it's not like one has 4 tires and the other one has 3 and a half.

had a 360-hp car before mine and loved the power, but again can't even utilize the 100% of throttle in my 530i 90% of the time in the city...
fair enough....but if we were actually purchasing cars on the basis of what we need versus what we want..we'd all be in something far more wallet friendly