E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Add Nav and bluetooth to E60 All models "DVN-E60" has anyone tried this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 07:49 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Add Nav and bluetooth to E60 All models "DVN-E60" has anyone tried this yet?

I was looking to add to NAV and blue-tooth to my 2004 E60 I just got over the weekend.
I found the option below, looks pretty cool, has anyone tried it?
I wish it came with my car built in, but it did not
Thanks
dynavin
Old 12-11-2012, 09:36 AM
Members

That does look cool, there are also "chinese" navigational upgrades for our cars, might not be as nice looking, but boasts more features it seems, take a look.

Car DVD Player GPS Bluetooth Dual Zone for BMW 5 Series E60 x5 x6 2005 2009 | eBay

Just thought I would broaden your options.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:27 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has any every tried that Chinese model?
Old 12-24-2012, 11:53 AM
Members

I have not seen it on this forum although it was mentioned before. (that is where I learned about it in the first place.)
Old 12-26-2012, 07:58 AM
New Members

Any estimate on cost for the Dynavin? iDrive wheel still work on it?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:56 AM
Members

looks like the dynavin can go anywhere from 900$+ for the unit. I'd imagine the installation is plug and play as their site mentions.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:07 AM
New Members

I called the retail store that sales here US and they don't have enough info about the unit
I want to make sure nothing from the original functions will be left out once the unit is installed.
below is the guys here in US
BMW 03-09 E60 Dynavin Add-on Multimedia Navigation System | OttoNavi
Old 04-07-2013, 07:54 PM
New Members

I had this system installed into my car a few months back. It works ok - the graphics leave a lot to be desired but at least you can get all the functionality working. They replaced the Bluetooth module which is great cos you can sync any Bluetooth phone now which is handy (i'm pretty sure you can play music over Bluetooth but i haven't figured out how yet) There are 2x micro SD slots built in to the replacement touch screen. One is used for the NAV maps and the other i use for music and movies (yes you can watch moves while driving - not recommended) I'm pretty sure the movies have to be in AVI format, it wont play MP4's. It has 2x video out RCA's which i will use to plug into some 7 screens i'll install behind the drivers and pax headrests (not super urgent). It is important to note that you can flip between your standard default BMW software and the new software by holding down the menu button in your center console for 4 secs.
They also installed an Iphone connector (not iphone 5) a headphone jack, a standard usb connector and Satellite finder which all work fine.

My only gripe with the system is the need to keep resetting the NAV everytime you start the car. For some strange reason it resets back to the factor default when you turn the car off. It is inconvenient but i can live with it as i don't really use it that often.

The biggest issue i have has nothing to do with with this system but seems to be a common prob on the e60 and that is my sound keeps cutting out sporadically (very annoying) I'm trying to find a way to fix this as it is a waste of time having all this functionality if you can't even hear anything!
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

If this unit is $900+ why not just get OEM CCC NAV on eBay they are like $700 for the unit and the screen, install and programming would be maybe another $300. Seems easier to me.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

Originally Posted by pjinca
If this unit is $900+ why not just get OEM CCC NAV on eBay they are like $700 for the unit and the screen, install and programming would be maybe another $300. Seems easier to me.

i was in the same boat...choosing between dve60 or going the stock nav route. in the end i found a good deal on the oem navi and installed it. pretty happy. installed and coded it myself so price wasnt too high at the end. i rarely use the nav, but the retro fit and upgrade was a fun project. if i didnt have a iphone 5 that doesnt do video out, i would buy the dension icon to play music, movies, bluetooth

Quick Reply: Add Nav and bluetooth to E60 All models "DVN-E60" has anyone tried this yet?