E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Adaptive Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:44 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do you think the Adaptive Headlights only work in the Automatic position? It seems they should work in the "normal" On position - two clicks to the right. But it appears they only work in the Automatic position - one click left. Any logical reason? Thanks, any information is greatly appreciated
Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I don't know why.. The dealer told me the same thing. Personally I like to have the choice to have them adaptive or not.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:28 AM
Members

You can find the instructions for deactivating the adaptive headlights in the owner's manual......page 88 in the version I have.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I guess this is just that the driver has the option to deactivate them. I don't know why they didn't install a button or put it in idrive. There must be a reason, though...
Old 07-28-2004, 02:01 PM
JDN
Contributors

I like it like it is. If I want to program something tonight to be used tomorrow am, I don't want the lights coming on in the garage. So, I move the light switch to off.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:14 AM
sj3
Senior Members

I'm with JDN on this. I like it the way it is. It was nice of them to let us have it on or off and is done in a reasonably simple way. I do wonder though why we would ever want them off.

Sam
Old 07-29-2004, 04:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

During the day I always drive around with my lights on. With the autofeature the lights won't go on if it is too sunny so I have to put them on by hand. In this way the adaptive light doesn't work but also isn't necessary because there is daylight. In the evening I will have to put it on auto and that will take a bit getting used to, to do this automatically.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The perfect explanation right there, 530E60NL !
Old 07-30-2004, 05:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at first, i thought mine didn't work because i never use the auto light function in my cars. have this functionality in the auto position makes sense...'auto'=the computer takes over on/off power and light direction.

i'm glad that you can still use the fogs in auto mode too.

these lights work great!!
Old 07-30-2004, 06:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Did anyone else notice that just like all the other new high-tech stuff on this car, these things (AS, adaptive headlights, HUD, SMG, etc.) are becoming second nature now.

For example, in the beginning, the adaptive headlights were so cool that I couldn't help but watch them move and was simply stunned as they worked so well. Now, I don't see them move anymore because I'm so used to them.

Once you get used to all these cool things, other cars begin to feel different! I find myself missing the active headlights on my wife's car now (and don't even get me started on how much I miss AS on other cars!)

Quick Reply: Adaptive Headlights