E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Acura TL's love E60's ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen a few threads about Mustangs and other cars always trying to race with bimmer owners, but now after owning my car for about 5 months I've observed (for me) it primarily seems to be Acura TLs that want to pick fights. I know several people on this forum have owned or also own Acura TLs, so wondering if anyone has any insight or similar experiences with this. I'll take off and speed like everyone else, but I don't normally look to race people at all. So far I've had 3 experiences where someone obviously wanted to race and each time it was an Acura TL (different ones each time). The first time it was on a highway where I was already doing >70 MPH. I have no urge to race at all but starting a race at over 70 MPH is asking to go to jail IMO. Another time it was at a stop light. And the last time.. and the only time I left the guy in the dust was when I had my loaner 335i earlier in the week. The car couldn't hang at all but was trying.

Do Acura owners usually like to start stuff with E60s? I know the cars are getting quicker but are they even remotely in the same ballpark now with speed? Each time it has been the previous body style too.. so maybe 2008/2009 cars.. a few were definitely Type S.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:01 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey 530 XI

That's funny bro. I have had the same thing. As much as I want to smoke these fools, there is something funny about letting them take off and look stupid.
Old 09-24-2011, 04:04 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

For me it's S2000's - these guys will cut me off any chance they get - especially in Irvine.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:47 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For me it's G35/G37. Had a G37 that wanted to race me. Gave me the finger when we didn't race too. You give me the finger for not racing. I had to hold back. Had my cousin and his 2 daughters with me sleeping. Not that he would win anyways.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:42 AM
Senior Members

I have a 08 TL and I have never seen a TL trying to race anyone. Most of the time other TL drivers are middle aged people or people with families in the car. In the TL I get a few E90 or E46 trying to pick a race and of course the usual ricers. The TL are very fast cars the 07/08 Type S can do 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. The new TL the 2009-2012 can do 0-60 in 5.2 seconds. Not slow cars by any means.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i ZPP ZSP | 04 330i ZHP | 94 325is

My wife drives a TL and she never wants to race me. But I believe aretardedorange has it right, where the majority tend to be older drivers. My e60 looks pretty much stock so not many calling me out at a stop light but my e36 on the other hand was a different story. Every other make and model wanted a race.

To the OP, if you do race, try not to get a ticket! Have a good one..
Old 09-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 Silver Grey 530 XI

Originally Posted by DKNewYork
For me it's G35/G37. Had a G37 that wanted to race me. Gave me the finger when we didn't race too. You give me the finger for not racing. I had to hold back. Had my cousin and his 2 daughters with me sleeping. Not that he would win anyways.
+1. G35/37s also.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:59 AM
Members

+1000 haha soo true TL drivers expeciallty near cities almost always want to play ( I love it though Ill slow down and let them hang so its more fun but after like three minutes of highway lane weaving at 110 i usually put the hammer down and disappear ) g37 dirvers i have found to be skill-less assholes who dont want to race as much as they want to cut you off, but the TL drivers are always looking to pick a fight and play nicely with others. And Mustangs haha, besides a brand new Shelby that ate my lunch in NC (on the bridge leaving the outer banks) I have noticed that Mustang drivers are typically acutely aware of whos car will be faster same goes for the magnums and camaros. I still want to come up on a challenger though for some reason i really like those things - would love to see what happens on the ashpalt.

mercedes owners rarely notice anything happening outside of thier cabins but one time pulling into DC off the beltway I had a blast with a s550 doing 120 around the hi-bank corners (it looked like i had the slightest cornering advantage over him and we were like perfect equals on straightaways)
Old 09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Funny thing is.. I have the same problem with G35/G37's.... coupes only..

Funny someone already mentioned these cars... but i usually just laugh and conserve the fuel..

I pulled up to a red light one day, and a younger kid pulled up beside me in his G35 coupe in AWW of my murdered beast..... revved his engine and wanted to race, we laughed and ignored him. He took off like an idiot and got stopped at the next red light probably 500' away. I pulled up with "niggas in paris - Jay Z" just pumping, and he was trying to talk over it and ask me to race again.. we were ignoring the questions and just looking at him while he repetidly asked to "go", and when the light turned green he took off mad because we were too busy staring at him and listening to " I ball so hard mu-fuckas wanna find me, that shit cray" ahahahah..

If you dont know the song.. listen to it and you'll get the humour..

Good times..
Old 09-26-2011, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

Funny thing is.. I have the same problem with G35/G37's.... coupes only..

Funny someone already mentioned these cars... but i usually just laugh and conserve the fuel..

I pulled up to a red light one day, and a younger kid pulled up beside me in his G35 coupe in AWW of my murdered beast..... revved his engine and wanted to race, we laughed and ignored him. He took off like an idiot and got stopped at the next red light probably 500' away. I pulled up with "niggas in paris - Jay Z" just pumping, and he was trying to talk over it and ask me to race again.. we were ignoring the questions and just looking at him while he repetidly asked to "go", and when the light turned green he took off mad because we were too busy staring at him and listening to " I ball so hard mu-fuckas wanna find me, that shit cray" ahahahah..

If you dont know the song.. listen to it and you'll get the humour..

Good times..

Quick Reply: Acura TL's love E60's ?