E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

AC blows water out

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2011, 04:51 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 545I and a half dozen other rides

Sorry my car was dead because of a bad fuel pump and i could not even put it on my lift to repair it. i got it together and running but I just got back from a long tiring day at Disneyland. I'll see if I can take a look at it later. if there is still light
Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by healthservices
Sorry my car was dead because of a bad fuel pump and i could not even put it on my lift to repair it. i got it together and running but I just got back from a long tiring day at Disneyland. I'll see if I can take a look at it later. if there is still light
no worries man. actually i found it! had my girlfriend navigate me from above using a diagram from realoem.com. no blockage inside the drain tube, however the damn thing had sealed itself shut on the driver's and passenger's side. i am not sure what happened. i opened them both and probably 3 cups of water came out immediately...

fyi to anyone that finds this in a search (cause i hate when people never tell you how they resolved a problem in a thread): i did not take a picture (apologies), but you have to remove some of the rubberish shields under the car. this took about 30-45 minutes. they are tricky shields and a big PITA. i never completely removed the one i needed to, just was able to bend it enough to get to where i needed to.

about 60% back from the front of the transmission (on both sides), look against the wall of the chassis near the transmission and there is about a 10 inch black tube. that tube runs parallel with the tranny and is on both sides of the tranny as well. don't have your eyes anywhere nearby as a lot of water comes out when you finally open or unclog them...

we took a test drive and a little water came out, but nothing near the amount that was capable of fertilizing a corn field beforehand.