E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Headlights on in daylight - SOLVED!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 08:38 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i w/sport
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62
Default Headlights on in daylight - SOLVED!

This may be an old topic, so excuse me if this is old news.

I couldn't figure out why my headlights always came on when the dash switch was set to "A" for automatic. Even in bright sunlight the headlights would come on despite what "wert" I set the light sensor to in coding. I was forced to keep the headlight switch to off and turn them on manually.
I was fooling around in the iDrive and under the Vehicle/Settings, I unchecked the Daytime Running Lights box, and viola, the headlights turned off!

I thought this box was for the inboard running lights, but it was for using the headlights as DRLs.

So now I can leave the headlight switch to Automatic and not look like a dork in the middle of the day!
Old 11-08-2017, 06:19 AM
Administrator

Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

You must have coded to uncover that. No such option on mine.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i w/sport
Model Year: 2005
Engine: N62

Jay, you are correct. I thought it would control the inner lights, not the main headlights.
I also added an option for the adaptive headlights to go from Comfort - Sport- Off, but when I try to change it from Comfort to Sport, it just goes back to Comfort. I'm pre-LCI, so I don't have the correct hardware or modules.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:49 AM
New Members

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
My Ride: 535xi
Model Year: 2008

I run my headlights "ON" all the time rather than AUTO, for safety you know. I couldn't give a rip what anybody might think of me.

Part of the reason is I park in a heated garage (luxury, yeah) and with the switch in AUTO the lights come on for a few seconds then turn off as I reverse into the daylight. Wear and tear issue too.