E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

6 Year Warranty worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:09 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by derrickj' date='Feb 22 2005, 09:57 PM
[quote name='netjazz' date='Feb 22 2005, 11:34 AM']I just spoke to my dealer for clearaficaton on the extended coverage. He made it very clear that there are two seperate programs, both offered by BMW, that can both be purchased at ANYTIME WITHIN the original warranty or maintance agreement. Therefore even at say 48,000 miles, or less than four years from issue, you can sign up for either, and furthur, the price remains? the same regardless of time or milage as long as it is within the original window.. He advised each has to be purchased seperatly and are distinctly different. The maintanance only covers just that, including brakes wiper blades etc., but not repairs, minor or major. On the other hand the warranty covers repairs only ( which can be damn expensive he said especially for Navigation and the tranny etc.) . I have the 545ia so he said it is a no brainer and a MUST to get the ext. warranty with the kind of miles I put on and the long period of time I keep the cars that I BUY, and the new technology on the 545. I am therefore sorry to report that those of you that state you purchased? an extended maintanance agreement, you WILL NOT be covered on repairs for the extended period. They are again TWO SEPERATE PROGRAMS.
[snapback]93149[/snapback]
Here is the plan including dealer cost for the 2OP Program
[snapback]93368[/snapback]
[/quote]
What the heck, except in Florida and Puerto Rico :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
What'd we do to deserve this. Oh well maybe it has been incorporated since the release (July, 04) of this bulletin. Thanks for the doc
Old 02-26-2005, 02:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the extended maintenance plan covers the brakes, it was a no brainer for me. When BMW replaces brake pads, they also replace the rotors. The cost alone to get that done is close to the price of the extended maintenance plan. The extended maintenance plan also covers the 60,000 mile scheduled service appointment (which costs $$$ if you only have the normal 50K maintenance warranty).

Concerning the extended warranty for components, it would be in your best interest to get it as well. One simple browse of this board and you'll see all of the problems people have been having. Until BMW starts hiring some Japanese engineers to design their car's electronics, we will continue to encounter problems. Save yourself the headache and money in the long run. Get the extended warranty too!