E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

550i let me get a 545i

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been lurking for about a year now absorbing the huge amount of information available on this forum and I was quickly convinced (by a test drive) that I needed to get an e60. But deciding on the model has taken many months because I make decisions by reading everything available over and over...

Unlike many who post here I wasn't convinced that I should get a 545i. The extra power available for use 1% of the time seemed like a waste and lower gas mileage seemed like a bad idea. Then last fall there was news of the new engine for the 530i. That ought to have made the decision easy since the 530i would have more power and even better gas mileage. But all along, I still kind of wanted the 545i.

It was the news of the upcoming 550i that let me pull the trigger and order the 545i. In my warped way of thinking, I could justify getting a 545i because it suddenly became the intermediate model and not the extravagant 550i with the oversized engine! Thanks to BMW for allowing me to get 325 hp and to this forum for all of the great information.
Old 02-16-2005, 01:23 AM
Contributors

Location: Proud citizen of THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and MORGANTOWN, W.V.
My Ride: '05 530i, Premium, Steptronic, Logic7, Silver grey-black leather. Build date 12/7/04.

Originally Posted by SanCarlos' date='Feb 16 2005, 02:43 AM
I've been lurking for about a year now absorbing the huge amount of information available on this forum and I was quickly convinced (by a test drive) that I needed to get an e60. But deciding on the model has taken many months because I make decisions by reading everything available over and over...

Unlike many who post here I wasn't convinced that I should get a 545i. The extra power available for use 1% of the time seemed like a waste and lower gas mileage seemed like a bad idea.? Then last fall there was news of the new engine for the 530i. That ought to have made the decision easy since the 530i would have more power and even better gas mileage.? But all along, I still kind of wanted the 545i.

It was the news of the upcoming 550i that let me pull the trigger and order the 545i. In my warped way of thinking, I could justify getting a 545i because it suddenly became the intermediate model and not the extravagant 550i with the oversized engine!? Thanks to BMW for allowing me to get 325 hp and to this forum for all of the great information.
[snapback]90734[/snapback]
Justification is so easy when it comes down to getting what you really want, isn't it?
Old 02-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Contributors

welcome SanCarlos
Old 02-16-2005, 05:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i, Steptronic, coldweather, comfort seats, Logic 7, front/rear seat heaters, navigation. sirius

Originally Posted by SanCarlos' date='Feb 16 2005, 02:43 AM

Unlike many who post here I wasn't convinced that I should get a 545i. The extra power available for use 1% of the time seemed like a waste and lower gas mileage seemed like a bad idea.? Then last fall there was news of the new engine for the 530i. That ought to have made the decision easy since the 530i would have more power and even better gas mileage.? But all along, I still kind of wanted the 545i.

It was the news of the upcoming 550i that let me pull the trigger and order the 545i. In my warped way of thinking, I could justify getting a 545i because it suddenly became the intermediate model and not the extravagant 550i with the oversized engine!? Thanks to BMW for allowing me to get 325 hp and to this forum for all of the great information.
The 550i will still be surpassed by the M5...
Old 02-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by SanCarlos' date='Feb 16 2005, 01:43 AM

Well, as has been said here before, there is always something bigger/faster out there.....so, I think you made the right decision......life's too short to not be enjoying an E60 as soon as possible, lol......Congrats on your order.....now you must endure the WAIT!! :'(
Old 02-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, SanCarlos !
Old 02-16-2005, 10:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome, San Carlos!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:38 PM

550i ain't worth gettin until 2009!
Old 02-16-2005, 07:48 PM
Contributors

The real reason for posting was for the honor of being welcomed. Iceman, I spent a year (many years ago now) at the university in Frankfurt. I don't remember studying very much but I did learn a lot about the virtues of the local Apple Wine.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SanCarlos' date='Feb 16 2005, 09:48 PM
The real reason for posting was for the honor of being welcomed.? ? Iceman, I spent a year (many years ago now) at the university in Frankfurt.? I don't remember studying very much but I did learn a lot about the virtues of the local Apple Wine.?
[snapback]91144[/snapback]
I normally don't add to the numerous welcome notes. But in your case I have to make an exception. Herzlich Willkommen SanCarlos. Glad you remember the Apple Wine. Did you drink it ouf of a "Bembel"?

Quick Reply: 550i let me get a 545i