E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

545i No Bass on Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 04:31 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 545i No Bass on Stereo

Hi Guys

This is my first post so please be gentle . I have been searching the last couple of hours on this and other forums to try and find the problem with my Stereo.

I have no bass whatsoever. Bit of background that might have something to do with it. I had the High Rate of battery discharge problem which my local dealer could not resolve. They eventually told me to get my Tracking Device checked. This was done and the problem stopped for a whole two days.

I then had the aftermarket Parrot Blutooth device checked and the technician took half the dash apart. He also removed the CCC. He then bypassed the initial powersource and connected the Parrot to another powersource.

I must add that I had bass which then intermittenly vanished to sound like a tin. This, over a three week period, has no been reduced to no bass at all.

Does anyone know if this could have anything to do with a loose cable on the CCC?

I don't really want to take it to BMW as they will rip me a new ahole especially if it is something DIY.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Guys.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Members

My Ride: '09 e60 n54 white/black

I'm having kinda the same issue, my bass goes off for like 2 seconds and comes back up, I'm afraid it is not going to be long before it never comes back, i did a little bit of reading around and I believe it's the amp in the trunk that needs to be replaced ..
Old 11-04-2012, 08:38 AM
New Members

I have ruled this possibility out by putting in another Amp from a friend of mine. Problem is still there. We tried my Amp in his car and the sound is fine.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:40 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

I have no idea what your car's production date is or option so I'll give you an answer which is general.
The problem is either with the CCC internal switching, the cabling, or the amp in the boot. In general the harness that plugs into the back of the CCC are pre-amp low level and provide signal the amp in the boot which then fire the subs under the seat. So you'll have to trace down the issue starting with the easiest thing first.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:13 PM
New Members

It is a 2005 545i Exclusive. I guess I'll take the dash apart first and start with the cabling. Thanks Guys.

Last edited by MVGL; 11-05-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:41 AM
New Members

Just a small update. Leaving work today, it first sounded tinny again and out of the blue the bass was back. I will check tomorrow if it is back to the tin sound.

If so, I think that I have to check the connections to the CCC on the weekend.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i All Black

MVGL,
Any update on this? I have the same issue. I put in an AUX port so I had a chance to double check the connections, all look good. Also verified fuse 80 for the radio amplifier in trunk.

Local indy shop wants $107 per hour to run diagnostics but can't estimate how long it might take, 2-3 hours, maybe more. Wasn't too keen on just having them have the car just hooked up to the car without end and run an open-ended tab.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Members

Default No Subwoofers on HIFI System (Testing)

Originally Posted by AchtungE60
I have no idea what your car's production date is or option so I'll give you an answer which is general.
The problem is either with the CCC internal switching, the cabling, or the amp in the boot. In general the harness that plugs into the back of the CCC are pre-amp low level and provide signal the amp in the boot which then fire the subs under the seat. So you'll have to trace down the issue starting with the easiest thing first.
Any recommendations on how to test the amplifier?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:21 AM
New Members

I checked the cabling which all seemed to be fine. The bass still keeps coming and going. The car is in with the dealer today for another issue and I have asked them to quote me on this issue. Will be interesting to see what they come back with.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:03 AM
Members

Angry

I replaced the amplifier and re-checked the radio-related fuses again this morning and no luck. I wish mine at least worked some of the time. Nothing for the last 6 months.

Quick Reply: 545i No Bass on Stereo