E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

545 is fast

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 11:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='Jun 11 2005, 04:51 AM
It's funny how everything is relative.
I guess it's true that we are never quite satisfied, even when we attain what we thought was the ultimate.? But with that said, not a day goes by when I don't count my blessings for being able to own the Ultimate Driving Machine, and not a day goes by when someone in my office fails to remind me that I am driving what they consider to be the ultimate vehicle.
[snapback]138436[/snapback]
Very well said!
Old 06-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

The 545 is, for me, the perfect vehicle. I don't believe I will ever want "more" in a car than this one gives me. Great motor, great ride, great handling, all the convenience features I want and need.

Actually, my old '96 Taurus SHO was pretty close to perfect, except for the anxiety of not knowing if and when the camshaft sprocket would shatter, leading to expensive engine parts scattering randomly over the pavement.

All that being said, if anyone knows where I can get a test-drive of that new Aston-Martin ...
Old 06-11-2005, 07:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jun 11 2005, 02:29 AM
[quote name='DFWRaider' date='Jun 11 2005, 04:51 AM']It's funny how everything is relative.
I guess it's true that we are never quite satisfied, even when we attain what we thought was the ultimate.? But with that said, not a day goes by when I don't count my blessings for being able to own the Ultimate Driving Machine, and not a day goes by when someone in my office fails to remind me that I am driving what they consider to be the ultimate vehicle.
Very well said!
[snapback]138488[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree - very well said. When I started the post, I did not intend to for anyone to think that I am in any way dissatisfied with my car. I love it. After 20+ years of driving and owning cars, it is by far the best car I have ever owned. I was just looking for an entertaining way to tell a story about my encounter with a Vanquish
Old 06-11-2005, 07:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: April Delivery 2005 - 545i Orient Blue/Beige Leather. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Heads-Up display/Premium Sound/Cold Weather Pkg/Park Distance Control/SMG/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg. Currently: 2002 - 530i Steel Blue Metalic. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Cold Weather Pkg/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg.

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' date='Jun 10 2005, 10:51 PM
It's funny how everything is relative.

15 years ago when I got out of college I bought my first car, a Mazda MX-6.? For me, it was an awesome sports car but I saw Nissan Maximas on the road and dreamed of when I could afford one.

11 years ago I bought a Nissan Maxima and it was awesome.? Fast, nice leather, great sound system.? I loved it but dreamed of when I could own one of those fancy luxury division Infinitis or Acuras.? A BMW to me was one of those expensive exotic cars that was a pipe dream.

5 years ago I bought an Acura TL and it was awesome.? I finally had one of those luxury division cars.? It was fast and loaded.? A BMW 3 Series was within my sights, but I figured why buy an expensive exotic car like a Bimmer when a TL had all the options in it for $30k?

2 years ago I finally had the resources for one of those fancy exotic cars.? I bought a brand new shiny black 530i, the fancy new controversial design, and was the talk of my office.? I'd never had so many compliments on a car in my life.? I drove the car with pride, but after getting punked by a G35 at a stop light, I knew that my perfect car could be more perfect.

2 months ago my BMW sales guy offered me a great deal (after two weeks of negotiating and saying "no thank you") on something I never thought I'd have 15 years ago -- a top of the line BMW 545.? After getting punked by a G35 a few months ago, I was punking G35s -- badly.? Now my perfect car is really perfect.? And yet after attaining that car that I thought was unattainable, I'm now realizing that my perfect car could be even more perfect if it was an M5.

Old 06-11-2005, 07:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: April Delivery 2005 - 545i Orient Blue/Beige Leather. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Heads-Up display/Premium Sound/Cold Weather Pkg/Park Distance Control/SMG/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg. Currently: 2002 - 530i Steel Blue Metalic. Sport & Premium packages/Navigation/Cold Weather Pkg/Split fold down rear w/ski pkg.

Raider, except for the Maxima (Altima) our stories sound exactly alike! I'm sure many more could say the same thing, but you said it very well.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Contributors

There is a new Aston Martin dealer opening up 4 blocks from my shop.
I have to pass it each day.
Boy those DB9's look fantastic .

DR.Z
Old 06-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

Originally Posted by robg' date='Jun 11 2005, 09:03 AM
I agree - very well said.? When I started the post, I did not intend to? for anyone to think that I am in any way dissatisfied with my car.? I love it.? After 20+ years of driving and owning cars, it is by far the best car I have ever owned.? I was just looking for an entertaining way to tell a story about my encounter with a Vanquish
[snapback]138536[/snapback]
Hey there...my post wasn't to suggest you were dissatisfied and I totally enjoyed reading it. I just think the dynamics of relativity as we go through life are pretty interesting.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by DR.Z' date='Jun 11 2005, 11:10 AM
There is a new Aston Martin dealer opening up 4 blocks from my shop.
I have to pass it each day.
Boy those DB9's look fantastic .

DR.Z
[snapback]138563[/snapback]
Wont it look better in your garage? I think it'll look best in mine... but thats just my opinion.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:10 PM
Contributors

In my mind, the Astons are the best looking cars out there at the moment. Got to hear a few db9s/vanquishes recently and they do sound pretty deep and throaty for somewhat of a luxury car.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

Originally Posted by robg' date='Jun 11 2005, 12:13 AM
[quote name='?gent99' date='Jun 10 2005, 06:10 PM']545i is plenty fast for me...you could always compare mpgs with him and laugh all the way to the bank?? :'(

[snapback]138370[/snapback]

If you can afford that car, you probably do not care too much about gas prices.
[snapback]138373[/snapback]
[/quote]
nor tickets

every day one parks from here 3 blocks in Belgium

Quick Reply: 545 is fast