E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

545 is fast

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Don't really know which forum this should be in. At first I thought "competition" but thats not fair. No real competion.

I was stuck in traffic yesterday on the FDR Drive on the east side of NYC. There was an accident that had traffic stopped, and cops were directing traffic trying to get a tow truck through to the front. Right begind me was a shiny black car, riding my tail very tightly. At first I though it was a Jag XKR, but the logo on the hood did not look right. Then I thought Bentley, becasue I saw some wings. But I was not familiar with any Bentley that low and curvey. Much sexier than the Continetal GT.

Well, the cop finally waived me through. Because of the traffic and accident, once through the mess, the highway was wide open. I changed to the center lane (from the right) stomped on it, pulled hard though 1st, and then into second. At that point on the highway, I was in a short "tunnel" created by a building which extends over the road. I looked in my mirror to find the Jag/Bentley but saw nothing. Then I heard and felt a low rumble, an absolutley gorgeous sound, echoing through the tunnnel, and in a blurr, the black car was gone. Left me like I was standing still.

After he prooved his point he slowed down, allowed me to catch up and takea closer look. It was a, Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S . I have seen them on the lot before, but never on the road. Looks and sound amazing.

Now, if I could just win that lottery.
Attached Thumbnails 545 is fast-content_allsites_images_1024_768_imagegallery_vanquish3_c9620950_af4b_4aea_8d38_d9a27fc5af1a.jpg  
Old 06-10-2005, 03:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

wow indeed .... but the 545 also doesn't cost over $200K!!!! The new breed of Astons are indeed just awesome cars, and the Vanquish is just the top of the tree. I saw one in the metal parked right outside the San Jose Fairmont a month or two ago. It truly is drop dead gorgeous. That's how I'd spend my lottery cash as well. Oh - and nothing pi$$es me off more that those ignorant "nice for a Ford" type comments.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Members

545i is plenty fast for me...you could always compare mpgs with him and laugh all the way to the bank? :'(

Old 06-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550, Carbon Black Metallic, Natural Brown Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Cold Weather Package, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades, etc. Retired - 2004 545 SMG, Black Sapphire Metallic, Auburn Dakota Leather, Cold Weather and Sports Packages, Power Rear and Manual Side Sun Shades

Originally Posted by ?gent99' date='Jun 10 2005, 06:10 PM
545i is plenty fast for me...you could always compare mpgs with him and laugh all the way to the bank?? :'(

[snapback]138370[/snapback]

If you can afford that car, you probably do not care too much about gas prices.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

If you can afford a 545 you are not worrying about gas prices.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Thumbs up

I have one for you fellas. An 02/03 E39 525i (or so the emblem said) tried to punk me on 42nd Street near Lexington Ave.

I was in traffic behind him at a red light in the left lane when the light turned green he started moving slowly for about 50 feet, i went to make my way around him since he was driving slow. Low and behold he moves to the right so i can't pass. Then i move back to the left lane to pass and once again he cuts in front of me so i can't, mind you there were no other cars next to us.

I finally pulled around him to the left lane and we both pull up to the red light at 1st Avenue about a block away from the FDR Drive.

This guy gives me the look like Bobby Deniro "You talkin' to me?"

I give' em the Steven Seagal I'm gonna snap your arms like twigs look.

Needless to say i didn't have anything personal against him but what gives?

The light turned green and off we went around the FDR service road and onto the 34th st. entrance ramp.

Wouldn't you know it the punk is behind me when i'm attempting to merge and he cuts me off again!

There was light to moderate traffic on the FDR but once there was an opening he didn't stand a chance i hate to say.

Sorry Robg didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I apologize for the long post but i just had to vent a little bit.

Aston Martin = James Bondmobile.

Talk about "friendly fire" He must have been one of those Roadfly Troll E60 haters.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Members

Originally Posted by robg' date='Jun 10 2005, 04:13 PM
If you can afford that car, you probably do not care too much about gas prices.
[snapback]138373[/snapback]
My post was just DRIPPIN' with sarcasm...

Old 06-10-2005, 03:45 PM
Senior Members

theres a vanquish that drives about near where i live and ive seen various other sports cars close to home. I dont know why youd buy a vanquish tho...the Db9 is prettier and has precisely the same engine in it. I got a chance to see it about 6months before it went into production too whilst coming home from a crap bar job late at night.

I was doing about 85 in the outside lane and saw what looked likea very low and very very cool sports car so i slowed. Turned out he was doing 50mph in the middle lane. i idled by at about 60 and realised id just past a preproduction DB9 out ona test run.

Its so ace being in the midlands, UK. You get to see all the latest rangerovers and astons being tested from time to time
Old 06-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

OMG!!! I WANT THAT CAR!!!!!!! I really love the Vanquish... ya I know the DB9 is like half the cost and just as fast I love both... but if I can have one and not worry about the moeny I'll take the lower quality Vanquish...
Old 06-10-2005, 03:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by 530iii' date='Jun 10 2005, 04:20 PM
I have one for you fellas. An 02/03 E39 525i (or so the emblem said) tried to punk me on 42nd Street near Lexington Ave.

I was in traffic behind him at a red light in the left lane when the light turned green he started moving slowly for about 50 feet, i went to make my way around him since he was driving slow. Low and behold he moves to the right so i can't pass. Then i move back to the left lane to pass and once again he cuts in front of me so i can't, mind you there were no other cars next to us.

I finally pulled around him to the left lane and we both pull up to the red light at 1st Avenue about a block away from the FDR Drive.

This guy gives me the look like Bobby Deniro "You talkin' to me?"

I give' em the Steven Seagal I'm gonna snap your arms like twigs look.

Needless to say i didn't have anything personal against him but what gives?

The light turned green and off we went around the FDR service road and onto the 34th st. entrance ramp.

Wouldn't you know it the punk is behind me when i'm attempting to merge and he cuts me off again!

There was light to moderate traffic on the FDR but once there was an opening he didn't stand a chance i hate to say.

I apologize for the long post but i just had to vent a little bit.

Aston Martin = James Bondmobile.

Talk about "friendly fire"? He must have been one of those Roadfly Troll E60 haters.
[snapback]138378[/snapback]

Why didnt you unleash the power of your slow V8 and blast by him and lose him around the on ramp?

Quick Reply: 545 is fast