E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535i Brushed Aluminum Interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ponster' post='536308' date='Feb 26 2008, 01:00 PM
Guys,

Check out my brushed Aluminum interior with ///M pedals and short shifter.

What do you guys think!!!

Ponster

I'd like to see more pictures of the exterior of your car.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:22 PM
Members

I really want that sport shift knob!
Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Contributors

not too bad. i prefer bamboo anthricite. i love the pedals though
Old 05-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

The pedals and shifter are nice. I do prefer my dark popular wood to aluminum trim
Old 05-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 530i , Silver with leather Air Con iDrive 17" Breyton Rims with Dunlop Sp Sport tyres (M-Tech Bodykit and rims WANTED) Alfa Romeo 147 TS1.6 , Black with Air Con 17" Multi Spoke alloys with Bridgestone RE040 tyres Toyota MR-S 1.8 VVTI , Lagoon Blue with Red leather Air Con 15" standard alloys with Toyo tyres Toyota Celica 1.8 VVTI, Lagoon Blue, Air Con, 16" Standard alloys with Kuhmo KU31, EBC Green Stuff

Looks classy
Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Bamboo anthracite is more my thing, personally, but it looks good
Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM
Senior Members

Nice. Do M5 wheels fit easily on xi models with spacers?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by E60714' post='889149' date='May 25 2009, 03:04 AM
Nice. Do M5 wheels fit easily on xi models with spacers?
M5 rims DO NOT fit Xi models. The Xi hub is too far out to accomodate the the M5 rims (or ANY non X-drive rim, for that matter), so spacers are irrelevant. If you want rims for an Xi, save yourself the aggrevation (that I once have gone through) and flip a coin for either Miro M6 reps or VMR CSL reps - those are really the only two viable options...

Members C'Bimmer and DrLev99 are the two resident experts on this forum that helped me TREMENDOUSLY with this issue. If you search through posts, you'll find numerous threads on the subject.

Also, you may look to OEM rims that are from other X-Drive equipped cars, like the X3, X5, 3 series and so forth. You also have to be weary of the overall diameter of front and rear wheels, as having diameters that differ more than ~15mm will most likely cause differential problems - leaks and failures have been reported. But that's something to consider if you're going for a staggered setup. Speaking of which, people DO run staggered setups on Xi cars without problems, but the above issue is one of the things that you HAVE to obide by, if you want to run a staggered setup successfully.

To save you time, write this down: you rims have ET43 offset and ther are 8 inches wide. Google "offset calculator" and bookmark at least one of them, as you'll need it to figure out which rims would clear your arches and which won't. You also will need to learn - if you have not yet - how to calculate the overall diameter of a wheel with the tire mounted (you take the width times the sidewall and add to that the diameter of the rim, but its not quite THAT simple, so search and ye shall find).

Getting rims for an Xi without messing things up is a science, so approach it as such and you should have no problems. Treat it without the proper respect and it will most likely backfire on you...
Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='889159' date='May 25 2009, 02:23 AM
M5 rims DO NOT fit Xi models. The Xi hub is too far out to accomodate the the M5 rims (or ANY non X-drive rim, for that matter), so spacers are irrelevant. If you want rims for an Xi, save yourself the aggrevation (that I once have gone through) and flip a coin for either Miro M6 reps or VMR CSL reps - those are really the only two viable options...

Members C'Bimmer and DrLev99 are the two resident experts on this forum that helped me TREMENDOUSLY with this issue. If you search through posts, you'll find numerous threads on the subject.

Also, you may look to OEM rims that are from other X-Drive equipped cars, like the X3, X5, 3 series and so forth. You also have to be weary of the overall diameter of front and rear wheels, as having diameters that differ more than ~15mm will most likely cause differential problems - leaks and failures have been reported. But that's something to consider if you're going for a staggered setup. Speaking of which, people DO run staggered setups on Xi cars without problems, but the above issue is one of the things that you HAVE to obide by, if you want to run a staggered setup successfully.

To save you time, write this down: you rims have ET43 offset and ther are 8 inches wide. Google "offset calculator" and bookmark at least one of them, as you'll need it to figure out which rims would clear your arches and which won't. You also will need to learn - if you have not yet - how to calculate the overall diameter of a wheel with the tire mounted (you take the width times the sidewall and add to that the diameter of the rim, but its not quite THAT simple, so search and ye shall find).

Getting rims for an Xi without messing things up is a science, so approach it as such and you should have no problems. Treat it without the proper respect and it will most likely backfire on you...

Thanks for the info. Originally, I was looking at the Miro M6s, but I just read a thread a couple of days ago about the guy having problems with it. Someone said buying from someone well-known on the boards would have prevented there being any problems, and I have been PMing Nerwyll, but reading that thread with the problem kinda shook me a bit.

Miro doesn't do M5 wheels, do they?
Old 05-25-2009, 12:09 AM
Members

looks hot

by the way, nice exterior color lol

Quick Reply: 535i Brushed Aluminum Interior