E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d pics + heater query

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 09:56 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi folks

Just changed my 2006 520d for a 2007 LCI 535d. Absolutely delighted with it as it has everythink I want - practicality, power, efficiency. I have some pics below.

I do have one query on the heating system - I'm constantly struggling to get it working the way I want. When selecting the temperature I seem to have two options. 1/ I can twist the dial that goes from 18-26 deg, or 2/ I can press this dial and go to the idrive where there is a box which goes from having 4 red bars to 4 blue bars. Can I ask which of these takes priority (ie) is 1 red bar and a temperature on the dial of say 24 deg warmer than say 4 red bars and 18 deg on the dial?

Also on the auto air con, when I want to select the temperature I want here do I just press the auto dial and move between the 4 red and 4 blue bars, and just select between soft and intensive for the air strength?

Sorry if my query is a bit complicated but I just want to get my head around it

Anyway some pics

Cheers
Old 04-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Bazzman' post='558948' date='Apr 10 2008, 08:56 AM
Hi folks

Just changed my 2006 520d for a 2007 LCI 535d. Absolutely delighted with it as it has everythink I want - practicality, power, efficiency. I have some pics below.

I do have one query on the heating system - I'm constantly struggling to get it working the way I want. When selecting the temperature I seem to have two options. 1/ I can twist the dial that goes from 18-26 deg, or 2/ I can press this dial and go to the idrive where there is a box which goes from having 4 red bars to 4 blue bars. Can I ask which of these takes priority (ie) is 1 red bar and a temperature on the dial of say 24 deg warmer than say 4 red bars and 18 deg on the dial?

Also on the auto air con, when I want to select the temperature I want here do I just press the auto dial and move between the 4 red and 4 blue bars, and just select between soft and intensive for the air strength?

Sorry if my query is a bit complicated but I just want to get my head around it

Anyway some pics

Cheers
Hi,

the red and blue bars that you access via i-drive are indicating the temperature difference of the airflow in the middle of dash compared to the general temperature which you control by the knobs in the dash.

Br

Jukka
Old 04-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TitangrauII530iA' post='558956' date='Apr 10 2008, 07:08 AM
Hi,

the red and blue bars that you access via i-drive are indicating the temperature difference of the airflow in the middle of dash compared to the general temperature which you control by the knobs in the dash.

Br

Jukka
Ah okay - that makes more sense. So if I leave this in the middle (ie) neither blue nor red then the middle vents on the dash will also have the same temperature as the rest of the car and as such can be controlled by the knob on the dash
Old 04-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: New ride from 14th May�07: 525iA LCI, Sport Suspension, Deep Sea Blue, Leather Dakota Natural Brown, Hi-Gloss Black trim, Star Spoke 124 18", Comfort Seats with memory, M -steering wheel, Glass Roof, Navi Professional, ProLogic7, USB-connection, Bi-Xenon, Extended Air Condition, Auto dimming mirrors, Electric Folding mirrors, Bluetooth for Cell Phone Sony Ericsson K750i, Electric rear window shade, Ligth package, Speed control with brake function, Cup Holders, Automatic head light control, PDC, Shadow line

Originally Posted by Bazzman' post='558972' date='Apr 10 2008, 10:38 AM
Ah okay - that makes more sense. So if I leave this in the middle (ie) neither blue nor red then the middle vents on the dash will also have the same temperature as the rest of the car and as such can be controlled by the knob on the dash
Hello,

Yes,

I think it's more or less planned to give the driver the possibility to get cooler fresh air towards face, keeping the driver alert...

Jukka
Old 04-10-2008, 04:56 AM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport LCI 2008 Space Gray/Dark Blue Dakota

Thanks for that clearing that up, I wondered how to get cooler air to centre vents......!

I am probably just lazy - keeping in auto mode with A/C on or off.......

Congratulations on the LCI Bazzman, very pleased with mine also, lots of minor tweaks and a lot quiter than my old one.....

Cheers..
Old 04-10-2008, 06:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by WEB60' post='559021' date='Apr 10 2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks for that clearing that up, I wondered how to get cooler air to centre vents......!

I am probably just lazy - keeping in auto mode with A/C on or off.......

Congratulations on the LCI Bazzman, very pleased with mine also, lots of minor tweaks and a lot quiter than my old one.....

Cheers..
Cheers - yeah I'm delighted - definitely a big step up from the 520d
Old 04-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

glad to see you got the temp control cleared up...congrats on your new car...looks good