E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d like new car now(Even though it is)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have posted this sooner, about a month ago my car lost power on the motorway, so when I got home I checked under the bonnet. And I found the red pipe behind the rad was covered in oil.

I had not really been having problems but, the car had felt sluggish on changing up gear, I just put it down to the old gearbox crap.

Any way took it to the dealer they put it on the ramps, and diagnosed the blood obvious, it was in need leaking oil, they advised me not to drive it and said they would order the part, it was a common problem. They were also concerned that the oil may have found its way into the turbos, and it would be new turbos as well.

I was sent on my way without a car, this was because the part would only take 24 hours to arrive,and I was not entilted to a loaner. My wifes car was also in for warranty work we had refused a car as I had mine. So we had spent ?100,000 on new BMWs in 2007 and I had to get a taxi home, luckly my wife did not need hers. THIS IS PART OF BMW cost cutting exercise that will eventually have everyone questioning why they drive this marque.

Anyway the car was returned next day, no turbo replacement needed, but WOW its so quick now compared to previous, I just did not think anything was wrong before, HOW WRONG COULD I HAVE BEEN.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:13 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by lymin6' post='615291' date='Jul 3 2008, 06:10 AM
I should have posted this sooner, about a month ago my car lost power on the motorway, so when I got home I checked under the bonnet. And I found the red pipe behind the rad was covered in oil.

I had not really been having problems but, the car had felt sluggish on changing up gear, I just put it down to the old gearbox crap.

Any way took it to the dealer they put it on the ramps, and diagnosed the blood obvious, it was in need leaking oil, they advised me not to drive it and said they would order the part, it was a common problem. They were also concerned that the oil may have found its way into the turbos, and it would be new turbos as well.

I was sent on my way without a car, this was because the part would only take 24 hours to arrive,and I was not entilted to a loaner. My wifes car was also in for warranty work we had refused a car as I had mine. So we had spent ?100,000 on new BMWs in 2007 and I had to get a taxi home, luckly my wife did not need hers. THIS IS PART OF BMW cost cutting exercise that will eventually have everyone questioning why they drive this marque.

Anyway the car was returned next day, no turbo replacement needed, but WOW its so quick now compared to previous, I just did not think anything was wrong before, HOW WRONG COULD I HAVE BEEN.
Good to hear everything's back to normal and running how it should be. I hope my cars running the way it should be. I did a 0-60 run in my head counted to about 6 seconds, maybe 0.1-0.3s more. It's supposed to be more like 5.4-5.6.. and with the auto tranny it should never be too far off that. Hmmm makes me wonder Hope I don't have a doozy.. lol
Is there an easy way of finding out if the car is running to full potential?