E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

535d

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 03:06 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted
Wink

Hi all,

Having spent last three days behind the wheel of my 535d and ran 1800Km across Europe I must say I really like the car Didn't I just say that?

I like that
* It has a great presence in the city (respectable and safe)
* Offers enough comfort and room for a family
* it's Autobahn fighter .. it's flexible up to 250 Km/h (155 mph) to compete with almost any car and most of the fights end up seeing other racers in your mirrors
* Comfort seats welcome you every time you return from a gas station stop like they missed you
* Makes you wanna stay in it and drive a little more at the end of the day
* ... $enter your experience

And another things is ... The average consumption from Prague to Barcelona was 7,7l/100Km (30,5 mpg) which in Switzerland due to their strict highway limits (you can cruise between 110 - 130Km/h, Swiss police can be quite tough plus the countryside is pretty to watch and other drivers seem to be very calm, this tempo suits their roads) dropped to 6,2l/100Km (38 mpg) which is quite incredible if you have a fully loaded car with 3 people in it.

I'm a very anal person and still comparing other cars but the E60 always wins over others (just MHO ) ..
Old 04-15-2008, 08:39 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hondik' post='560220' date='Apr 12 2008, 11:06 AM
Hi all,

Having spent last three days behind the wheel of my 535d and ran 1800Km across Europe I must say I really like the car Didn't I just say that?

I like that
* It has a great presence in the city (respectable and safe)
* Offers enough comfort and room for a family
* it's Autobahn fighter .. it's flexible up to 250 Km/h (155 mph) to compete with almost any car and most of the fights end up seeing other racers in your mirrors
* Comfort seats welcome you every time you return from a gas station stop like they missed you
* Makes you wanna stay in it and drive a little more at the end of the day
* ... $enter your experience

And another things is ... The average consumption from Prague to Barcelona was 7,7l/100Km (30,5 mpg) which in Switzerland due to their strict highway limits (you can cruise between 110 - 130Km/h, Swiss police can be quite tough plus the countryside is pretty to watch and other drivers seem to be very calm, this tempo suits their roads) dropped to 6,2l/100Km (38 mpg) which is quite incredible if you have a fully loaded car with 3 people in it.

I'm a very anal person and still comparing other cars but the E60 always wins over others (just MHO ) ..
Was the 38mpg just on the Switzerland stretch? That's very good MPG for the car.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Good stuff Hondik -- pleased to hear you're enjoying that beast of yours

I do lots of autobahn / motorway driving every week and what you described above, reflects many of the key reasons I went for a 5er. Its absolutely in its element covering long distances at high speed and with excellent comfort. If not driven like a maniac on the German autobahns, its also possible to achieve good fuel economy. (I however, don't )

Enjoy and see you soon at the meet...
Old 04-16-2008, 02:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Techno79' post='561859' date='Apr 15 2008, 05:39 PM
Was the 38mpg just on the Switzerland stretch? That's very good MPG for the car.
I've also got a new 535d, I'm still running it in so not going too crazy, I've done my first brim to brim calculations and it averaged 38.9 mpg (UK) over 459 miles. This was mostly long runs with little traffic so don't expect it to get any better but am pretty pleased. The OBC is reflecting 38.7 so seems pretty close.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Members

My Ride: 535dAT //M

I agree, it is a great ride, I've just started to work in the south of Austria and I drove to our wither cottage in north of Sweden for Easter. 2400 km one way. It took 22h including the ferries, and you aren't even tired after that ride. You just want?s to drive it a little more...at least I would. And it averaged 7,1 l/100km. But it was actually snowing the whole way!!
Old 04-18-2008, 01:48 AM
Senior Members

2400 kms ony way ! That's a long trip!

I can only agree with you guys. I had an awsome drive from St. Tropez to Copenhagen the day when Germany played its world cup football match... No traffic and good weather all the way. Was able to avage 145 km/h all the way from St. Tropez to the ferry in Puttgarden..

Awsome car
535d-dsc03679.jpg

St Tropez - Copenhagen
535d-lile.jpg
Old 04-18-2008, 03:40 AM
Members

I will drive from Gothenburg to Graz next weekend (1400km), and then I'll also document the consumption. BUT, this will be the first time on autobahn without the winter tires, so I might try some more advanced speed ability of the car....

Is helsingborg-helsin?r; r?dby-puttgardten the best way through Denmark? The bridge is too expensive, but maybe g?teborg-fredikshavn and then straight down to Hamburg?
Old 04-18-2008, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

If you take the Ferry to Frederikshavn, your trip is 1700 km's ! And the ferryticket is pretty expensive, as far as I can remember.

I would chose the ?resundsbridge -> R?dby-Puttgarden. When you take the bridge, you skip the journey from Helsing?r->K?benhavn which always is a mess due to heavy traffic and road works.

Buy a "Bropass" (http://www.oresundsbron.com/prices/?...nu=904&group=2), and your journey one-way over the bridge is only SEK 165..

I always take the bridge when driving to Gothenburg or Stockholm, due to the better roads in Sweden, compared to the poor road north of Copenhagen
Old 04-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60Sim' post='563630' date='Apr 18 2008, 03:39 PM
If you take the Ferry to Frederikshavn, your trip is 1700 km's ! And the ferryticket is pretty expensive, as far as I can remember.

I would chose the ?resundsbridge -> R?dby-Puttgarden. When you take the bridge, you skip the journey from Helsing?r->K?benhavn which always is a mess due to heavy traffic and road works.

Buy a "Bropass" (http://www.oresundsbron.com/prices/?...nu=904&group=2), and your journey one-way over the bridge is only SEK 165..

I always take the bridge when driving to Gothenburg or Stockholm, due to the better roads in Sweden, compared to the poor road north of Copenhagen
Ok tack, var mycket v?garbeten K?penhamn-Helsing?r sist jag k?rde, bron ?r ett bra alternativ.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 PM
Senior Members

Lugnt !

Trevlig resa

Quick Reply: 535d