E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

530ia LCI with SAT in Spain

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530IA Saphirschwarz, Beige Dakota

Ever since I took the decison to buy another 530i (I have an E39 model), I have been browsing this forum and made good use of all the great information available. I ordered my car in April and got it 2 weeks ago. Unlike many of you, I did not order the Sport suspension option as I was looking for comfort. I did however include Dynamic Drive and Active Steering. (I also have a sports car for when I need to get my adrenaline up). My first impression was how smooth and quiet the car felt, both the suspension as well as the engine- I have to say it- it felt like a Mercedes at first! In normal mode, I find the reaction of the suspension in curves at times disconcerting- the car appears to "float" a bit and the suspension appears to adjust in a jerky rather than continuous way. This changes when I engage "sport" and drive more aggressively- it appears to firm up and it feels like a "normal" car. Regarding the sport transmission- it is fantastic- if you let it self shift- if you do it manually- you can feel the jerk as it goes from gear to gear- not such a nice feeling, for me at least. Maybe I'm too old..................
Old 08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Sorry- here are some pics:[URL=http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010019fi8.jpg][http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3...019fi8.th.jpg][URL=http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010024as5.jpg][URL=http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010015vf0.jpg][http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/4...015vf0.th.jpg][URL=http://img525.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p1010022pt6.jpg][http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9...0022pt6.th.jpg
Old 08-01-2007, 05:16 PM
Contributors

Trying again- but one pic at a time
Old 08-01-2007, 05:18 PM
Contributors

And another
Old 08-01-2007, 05:20 PM
Contributors

Interior:
Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

even thought its been 2 weeks, congrats on the e60. hope youre enjoying it for the most part
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Members

Nice ride
Old 08-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 525i E60 Steptronic 192HP

Super nice...but I still not understand why you dont like that "jerk" becaus is way diferent from the manual one type anyway...

Take good care of her...
Old 08-02-2007, 05:40 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bris' post='454122' date='Aug 1 2007, 03:54 PM
Ever since I took the decison to buy another 530i (I have an E39 model), I have been browsing this forum and made good use of all the great information available. I ordered my car in April and got it 2 weeks ago. Unlike many of you, I did not order the Sport suspension option as I was looking for comfort. I did however include Dynamic Drive and Active Steering. (I also have a sports car for when I need to get my adrenaline up). My first impression was how smooth and quiet the car felt, both the suspension as well as the engine- I have to say it- it felt like a Mercedes at first! In normal mode, I find the reaction of the suspension in curves at times disconcerting- the car appears to "float" a bit and the suspension appears to adjust in a jerky rather than continuous way. This changes when I engage "sport" and drive more aggressively- it appears to firm up and it feels like a "normal" car. Regarding the sport transmission- it is fantastic- if you let it self shift- if you do it manually- you can feel the jerk as it goes from gear to gear- not such a nice feeling, for me at least. Maybe I'm too old..................
Hi Bris
Nice to see a fellow from bmwfaq.com also chating here (my name is MARIANO LOPEZ RIVELO).
Going to the key issue, I think you will miss the sport suspension.In my opinion,it is,both,firm enough and quite comfortable at the same time.
Be that as it may,it is a great car,for sure.(the question is:better than the old beast,530 i e39?. As you kept the e39 it will be interesting to hearing from you about this).

Take care and enjoy your new "ultimate driving machine"

Cheers
Old 08-02-2007, 06:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i SMG with Limited Slip Differential
Model Year: 2005

Originally Posted by Bris' post='454122' date='Aug 1 2007, 10:54 PM

Welcome and congratulations for the new E60!
Dynamic Drive is a GREAT feature, one of the most cool of the E60 .

Quick Reply: 530ia LCI with SAT in Spain