E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

530D Performance and other known problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 10:35 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is:
BMW 2003-03-07 E60 530d

Some problems that I got.
This is my messages in I-drive :

1) DBC failure! Drive moderately
2) Drive control system! Drive moderately

These come when I am driving , and always go away after ignition has been of for a few minutes. This has happend 6-8 times in a year , all while driving.

3) Restraint system faulty!
This appeard after a passenger left the car from front passenger side. My guess is faulty module in car door front passenger side. If the module is located inside door...
Otherwise I guess the sensor mat inside seat needs to be replaced , also likely since in carsoft says signal is always on.

Also I recently had to replace my battery , then I also upgraded all software and a cable was replaced , dont remember what kind. I had been gone for 2 weeks and when I tried to start the battery was completely drained. After softwre upgrade the Restraint system failure went away , but came back 2 days after.

Soon after I got the car , one year ago , I replaced OEM airfilter with KN replacement sportsfilter , worked great a little while , then MAF was very dirty. Cleaned it and worked much better but today its not as powerfull as its used to be.

I have bought new OEM filter and waiting for Pierburgh sensor and MF75p(needed to fit as replacement for bosch) costs 105? at http://shop.diesel-tuning.uk.com/epages/es106323.sf

While trying to locate cheaper MAF soultion I got by many other issues that I maybe should look into as well, the AGR or EGR , how often does it need to be cleaned? Other filters and sensors that could make it perform poorly.

So , since I plan on getting it all fixed , I would like to have some of the greater minds in here to give some feedback on things I need to look into.

All tips , help , experience and guidance is very welcome.

Love the forum!

Regards

Tommie