E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

530 d Need help frm member & to guide broken swirl flap

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All Member,
I am new today and Asia member. I had 530d modal 2004,. the same problem broken Swril Flap. Lucky the accident is free. Member please tell me did BMW responsible anythings ?.Any recall from any country?.Any legal action to be taken ?Any prove the fault of design or manufacturing ? PLEASE ADVICE AND HELP ME TO GET MORE INFORMATION
Cause my car still in BMW workshop
Thankyou and please let me know early

From Member need help
Star Hill
Old 02-19-2010, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

Sorry for your problem.

Most people who have had this have asked their dealer to put in a request to BMW for goodwill, in some cases i have read BMW has paid for the engine with the owner paying for the labour to fit the engine. The way BMW handles this varies with each case, my local dealer told me that BMW wouldnt give me anything if they broke and that it wasnt a recall as it hadn't happened to enough cars. I removed the flaps in my engine and fitted blanking plates, there are plenty DIY guides telling you how but i found Anzafin's write up to be excellent and easy to follow.

In my opinion it is a design flaw that BMW should address in a recall but my opinion doesnt matter i am only an individual, cars who have been regularly serviced as recomended are getting this problem hence i believe its a design fault. Ask your dealer to appeal to BMW for a goodwill gesture, be nice to the service people and you never know. Do not get angry with them and treat them as you would expect someone to treat you, i am sure they will try to help you if they can.

Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Bob525D
Sorry for your problem.

Most people who have had this have asked their dealer to put in a request to BMW for goodwill, in some cases i have read BMW has paid for the engine with the owner paying for the labour to fit the engine. The way BMW handles this varies with each case, my local dealer told me that BMW wouldnt give me anything if they broke and that it wasnt a recall as it hadn't happened to enough cars. I removed the flaps in my engine and fitted blanking plates, there are plenty DIY guides telling you how but i found Anzafin's write up to be excellent and easy to follow.

In my opinion it is a design flaw that BMW should address in a recall but my opinion doesnt matter i am only an individual, cars who have been regularly serviced as recomended are getting this problem hence i believe its a design fault. Ask your dealer to appeal to BMW for a goodwill gesture, be nice to the service people and you never know. Do not get angry with them and treat them as you would expect someone to treat you, i am sure they will try to help you if they can.

Hope you get it fixed soon.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Members

Thankyou Bob,
The dealer told me BMW want to repair the engine not change the engine and labour cost by me.Can i had the contack member who had change the engine please? Bob i was read some member have remove all the swril flaps and how your advice ?
Thankyou to my first member bob
Star Hill
Old 02-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Senior Members

You may not get too many responses on this forum as the vast majority of posters here are US based, the US is only now starting get Diesel engines from BMW mainly due to the low cost of Gasoline (petrol) there hasn't been a market for it before.

Have a look at the links below:

Post of an email to BMW

A guide to the issue

I think the first link was a bit patronising when i mentioned the discussion in forums, what most manufacturers haven't realised yet is that with the power of the internet there are no longer any secrets. Things like this can only be design issues.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:18 PM
Members

Starhill..do you mind telling how much you get your 530d. i m looking for one too.
Old 02-28-2010, 04:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by cyberez
Starhill..do you mind telling how much you get your 530d. i m looking for one too.
You mean I brought this car? The price is US142,000 in 2004 530 d. My country sell here very expensive cause of duty tax very high . How much are you getting ?