E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

530 auto 2004 sudden abs and gear box fault

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 04:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok all i can tell you guys is my car sat all day unlocked. did it never sleep and battery was low?

also was low on fuel about 17 mile range i drove 2 miles to petrol station slowly

i filled up come out the garage but when i went to go all the following happened in d it just feelt like it didnt want to move, then a gap,

i pulled out then was national speed limit so put my foot down it did nothing stumbled and delayed then a bang and it kicked its self down wheel spinned and away it went.

i then stopped at a indian resturant picked up food, when i drove off this time it come up abs fault and gear box fault all at the same time and was stuck in limp mode 3rd gear put it in manual and it wouldnt shift, with drive moderately msg.

i drove back home like this left it locked up checked battery terminals its been fine for last 5 days all gears fine quick smooth etc no difference kick downs well etc every thing gear wise is working manual mode s d r p n all fine?

so do i worry?

the gars work fine with no hesitation or noise, there is no oil leak the gbox oil is present and fine

is this a problem?

was it the engine lightly stalling cause of the fuel situation and gearbox got confused n thats how it banged cause it dropped its self in to 1st?

was the battery drained and shut something down which tripped out the abs and then the gearbox? its 2004and on original battery maybe the battery sensor. i have had this battery fun flat a few times now own fault left things on.

combo of both theory? i would love to hear anyone opinions!!!
Old 06-17-2011, 05:19 AM
Members

Originally Posted by matttytn2
ok all i can tell you guys is my car sat all day unlocked. did it never sleep and battery was low?

also was low on fuel about 17 mile range i drove 2 miles to petrol station slowly

i filled up come out the garage but when i went to go all the following happened in d it just feelt like it didnt want to move, then a gap,

i pulled out then was national speed limit so put my foot down it did nothing stumbled and delayed then a bang and it kicked its self down wheel spinned and away it went.

i then stopped at a indian resturant picked up food, when i drove off this time it come up abs fault and gear box fault all at the same time and was stuck in limp mode 3rd gear put it in manual and it wouldnt shift, with drive moderately msg.

i drove back home like this left it locked up checked battery terminals its been fine for last 5 days all gears fine quick smooth etc no difference kick downs well etc every thing gear wise is working manual mode s d r p n all fine?

so do i worry?

the gars work fine with no hesitation or noise, there is no oil leak the gbox oil is present and fine

is this a problem?

was it the engine lightly stalling cause of the fuel situation and gearbox got confused n thats how it banged cause it dropped its self in to 1st?

was the battery drained and shut something down which tripped out the abs and then the gearbox? its 2004and on original battery maybe the battery sensor. i have had this battery fun flat a few times now own fault left things on.

combo of both theory? i would love to hear anyone opinions!!!
Something similar happened to me. It turned out to be that I did not place the gas cap back on tightly enough after fueling.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:30 AM
Members

these cars have a complex electrical system with loads of sensors it some times tells me my fog are blown when they are not and there standard normal fog bulbs etc. maybe my cap was lose? did you get gearbox error?