E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

525d SE dumped - New LCI 523iA on its way

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 03:08 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d, Silver Grey, Beige Leather, PDC, Sun Blinds On Order LCI 523iA, Jet Black, Beige Leather, Heated Seats, Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth, M Steering Wheel

Not sure if you have been aware of the problems I?ve had with my 525d but the latest is that the dealer had my car for 28 days to fix a power loss problem. I had already had a new turbo in November and this time the replaced the turbo again, particle filters, catalytic filters, inlet manifold and various sensors. After 3 weeks of no joy and constant PUMA?s they took the head off to look inside !....nothing wrong

After numerous phone calls & getting BMW uk involved (who were equally useless) the technical guru from Bracknell came to look at it??.couple of new ideas new parts ordered still not working.??.

Finally they had it linked up to Munich and hey presto an exhaust solenoid was found to be faulty, replaced and all working

However ??..in the mean time I had said that I did not want the car back and came to a very amicable arrangement with the dealer for a new car, large discount off list, cash from BMW UK and a deal on finance, all up it equated to 20% off list & extras

So I?ve just ordered an LCI 523i auto, jet black, beige leather, M-sport wheel, style 244 wheels, rear blinds, heated front seats, bluetooth & phone cradle

Thanks to this forum I was aware of the upgrades to the LCi and changed from a 520d sport which did not benefit form an updated engine / gear selector & advanced AC. I order it all with my downloaded LCI dealer briefing in hand which surprised them !

Delivery due 30th March.......
Old 02-09-2007, 03:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lotusdmc' post='389204' date='Feb 9 2007, 12:08 PM
Not sure if you have been aware of the problems I?ve had with my 525d but the latest is that the dealer had my car for 28 days to fix a power loss problem. I had already had a new turbo in November and this time the replaced the turbo again, particle filters, catalytic filters, inlet manifold and various sensors. After 3 weeks of no joy and constant PUMA?s they took the head off to look inside !....nothing wrong

After numerous phone calls & getting BMW uk involved (who were equally useless) the technical guru from Bracknell came to look at it??.couple of new ideas new parts ordered still not working.??.

Finally they had it linked up to Munich and hey presto an exhaust solenoid was found to be faulty, replaced and all working

However ??..in the mean time I had said that I did not want the car back and came to a very amicable arrangement with the dealer for a new car, large discount off list, cash from BMW UK and a deal on finance, all up it equated to 20% off list & extras

So I?ve just ordered an LCI 523i auto, jet black, beige leather, M-sport wheel, style 244 wheels, rear blinds, heated front seats, bluetooth & phone cradle

Thanks to this forum I was aware of the upgrades to the LCi and changed from a 520d sport which did not benefit form an updated engine / gear selector & advanced AC. I order it all with my downloaded LCI dealer briefing in hand which surprised them !

Delivery due 30th March.......
Congrats!

Why the move to petrol? (Because the LCI 523i 'beats' the 525d)
Old 02-09-2007, 03:47 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d, Silver Grey, Beige Leather, PDC, Sun Blinds On Order LCI 523iA, Jet Black, Beige Leather, Heated Seats, Rear Sun Blinds, Bluetooth, M Steering Wheel

Originally Posted by colejl' post='389209' date='Feb 9 2007, 12:31 PM
Congrats!

Why the move to petrol? (Because the LCI 523i 'beats' the 525d)
On the Lease purchase deal a 523i manual & auto were the same price but the 525d was much much more and i'm built for comfort now not speed !!!

also the 523i LCI engine upgrade moves them a bit closer (albeit the LCI 525d is much faster)

Oh and I'm giving up turbos for a while ! :'( bad for my health, last 320d blew up as well
Old 02-09-2007, 04:06 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

Originally Posted by lotusdmc' post='389204' date='Feb 9 2007, 12:08 PM

What does this say about the support 'quality' of the technical team and equipment involved? Automated diagnostic equipment, trained technicians/engineers at your dealer and BMWUK, 28 days to locate a failed part! One wonders what BMW GmBH think of this? Hardley an impressive performance...........

Pleased it's all sorted now and your're happy with the outcome. Lets hope the new 523 will be trouble free ..................
Old 02-09-2007, 04:34 AM
Senior Members

happy 4 you