E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

4 Days Left in Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 08:06 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

The warranty on my 2007 530i expires on 11/13. The car has 21k miles and is currently at the dealer for everything I can think of (which isn't a whole lot). Are there any special trouble spots with these vehicles that I should ask the dealer to look at?

The vehicle was recently inspected by a reputable independent mechanic. Nothing came up.

I do have a slight clutch chatter issue when driving in heavy traffic. The clutch was replaced by BMW for this very thing last December. It took care of it until recently.

Any comments/suggestions would welcome.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

R you talking about the Maintainence Warranty or the Bumper to Bumper?
Assuming your talking about the Maintainence Warranty --

I have an 06--530i, the only major issue I could think of that I have after my warranty ran out was the MoonRoof problem. Its been over a year that I am out of warranty and touch wood I am doing great. If you ask me if I should have renewed my warranty or not, I would certianly say, Yes.

Why ?

Peace of mind is priceless !
Old 11-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i
Model Year: 2007

Did you know that you can get the warranty any time after your original expires ? But maint is a lil bit harder to get after it expires
Old 11-09-2010, 10:04 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

I wasn't aware that you could extend the warranty after the original. Do you know if you can do this after the CPO warranty?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

You cannot extend BMW Maintainence warranty once it expires - Exception is 15 days if you pursue the dealer and he is willing to work with you - Same goes for BMW drive train warranty. You can however extend the regular drive train warranty anytime by using a 3rd party warranty which have 1000 stipulations and that can be bought any time, but the 3rd party will only cover drive train and some electrical.

No one can come close to the Maintainance warranty BMW provides. Once lost, is lost for good. Also, your in better situation to negotiate maintainence if you do it 2 months before your warranty expires, running around on the last day wont get you a good deal.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Members

I'm referring to the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

I've explored extended warranty contracts, but I'm not sold on the idea. Those warranties are too limited (even the exclusionary ones), and too expensive.

Btw, I had the moonroof issue fixed three months ago.

Originally Posted by theracerboss
R you talking about the Maintainence Warranty or the Bumper to Bumper?
Assuming your talking about the Maintainence Warranty --

I have an 06--530i, the only major issue I could think of that I have after my warranty ran out was the MoonRoof problem. Its been over a year that I am out of warranty and touch wood I am doing great. If you ask me if I should have renewed my warranty or not, I would certianly say, Yes.

Why ?

Peace of mind is priceless !
Old 11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

i'd be really surprised if you could buy a warranty after it expires. kind of like if you go wreck your car today, you can't get insurance tomorrow unless you know how to backdate a police report (insurance fraud anyway). if that were the case, why would anyone buy a warranty? i'd just find the cheapest E60 i could and wait till it had a problem and then buy the warranty.

CPO doesn't cover maintenance, but most people change their own oil and brake pads are a once every few year thing anyway. filters are cheap and other maintenance things that come up aren't that expensive and seldom problematic.

i have an 07 530i and i am taking mine to the dealer this weekend before i hit 50k miles in the next month or two. the dealer MAY allow you to buy a CPO warranty, and if they do, just make sure nothing at all is wrong with your radio before your factory expires, because it is not covered under the CPO plan.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Members

So, in hopes of keeping this thread from drifting, are there any special things I should ask the dealer to look at? How about TSBs (sunroof aside).

FWIW, none of the issues that the dealer is investigating (squeaks, door seals, idle, clutch chatter, etc.) would be covered by any extended warranties (BMW included).
Old 11-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Senior Members

so are you just asking them to look at all those things since your warranty is almost out? or are you getting together a list and then asking them? i guess i don't understand fully. i'm interested to know, since i'm basically doing the same thing on saturday.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:02 PM
Members

I have asked them to look at everything I have noticed about the car. While the car is there, I'm asking this group what other things I might mention to the dealer. They're good folks, but the dealer can't go hunting for problems without a customer complaint.

Originally Posted by tuffluck
so are you just asking them to look at all those things since your warranty is almost out? or are you getting together a list and then asking them? i guess i don't understand fully. i'm interested to know, since i'm basically doing the same thing on saturday.

Quick Reply: 4 Days Left in Warranty