E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2009 5 series

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 05:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from www.bimmerfile.com
In a strange turn of events we realized that unless BMW USA made an error on their website the 2009 5er and 6er will also be receiving the new iDrive system. We had originally been told the 5 would get the update but the latest materials we obtained did not state this.

The following from the BMWUSA website discussing Navigation for European delivery, BMW will now be loading all cars available for Euro pickup with the new maps (they will be on the hard disk prior to Welt pickup).

Navigation If you have ordered Navigation on your new BMW, beginning with 2009 models, all Europe maps will be automatically loaded when you pick up your car in Munich. The only exception is X3 models, the process of ordering the DVD in advance of travel is still a requirement.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 08 Porsche 911 c2s, 01 BMW 740il, 05 BMW 525i, 06 Acura TSX navi

that's awesome. i want to check out hte new i-drive. looks good to me.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='625429' date='Jul 16 2008, 04:44 PM
from www.bimmerfile.com
In a strange turn of events we realized that unless BMW USA made an error on their website the 2009 5er and 6er will also be receiving the new iDrive system. We had originally been told the 5 would get the update but the latest materials we obtained did not state this.

The following from the BMWUSA website discussing Navigation for European delivery, BMW will now be loading all cars available for Euro pickup with the new maps (they will be on the hard disk prior to Welt pickup).

Navigation If you have ordered Navigation on your new BMW, beginning with 2009 models, all Europe maps will be automatically loaded when you pick up your car in Munich. The only exception is X3 models, the process of ordering the DVD in advance of travel is still a requirement.
The new 7-series (F01) and the new LCI E90/91 will get the upgraded iDrive so why not the EU MY '09 E60?
All September built.

The first diesel exported to the US will be the facelifted 335d with 286 hp and 580 Nm power source.

Also a brand new 3.0 liter diesel engine with 245 hp will be available for the EU MY 09 E60 and E90!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I did mention this in another thread but was corrected and so I admitted I may have been wrong. But if this is again out then I'm not sure anymore. It must cost BMW more money to maintain two software platform rather than shove the new system in all the cars.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='627475' date='Jul 18 2008, 09:00 PM
I did mention this in another thread but was corrected and so I admitted I may have been wrong. But if this is again out then I'm not sure anymore. It must cost BMW more money to maintain two software platform rather than shove the new system in all the cars.
Yeah, I have given this a taught also, but remember that BMW has a sponsor called Intel.

Having double engines and soft-/hardware is the price to pay for rapid development.

BMW is known to be on the edge all the time, therefore my cars and bikes are of the BMW brand,
and pretty new all the time.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Contributors

I wonder if they will create some sort of idrive software update with the new maps and functions for our e60s ?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by anand_rahim' post='627507' date='Jul 18 2008, 07:34 PM
I wonder if they will create some sort of idrive software update with the new maps and functions for our e60s ?
This I seriously doubt. Because the current hardware seems to struggle with the current software, imagine how sluggish it would be with all those new graphics and features on the new iDrive.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='627511' date='Jul 18 2008, 09:38 PM
This I seriously doubt. Because the current hardware seems to struggle with the current software, imagine how sluggish it would be with all those new graphics and features on the new iDrive.
Why so negative b_m?

BMW will offer on all 3 - 7 series cars a Internet on-line function starting from EU MY '09.

They will start the program in Germany this fall for a cost on some Euro 5 / month.

Just guess what their intension's are...
Old 07-18-2008, 10:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

If they optimize the code in a better way than it is now it might work.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='627511' date='Jul 18 2008, 02:38 PM
Old 07-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Contributors

I'm not being negative I'm being realistic. All I'm saying is that I seriously doubt that the current 5 series iDrive will be updated to the new iDrive. But the new 5 series may get the new iDrive.

Quick Reply: 2009 5 series