E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2007 Models

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 02:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no octo i dont live in Simi Valley its just my name lol. so if i am correct 08 models start shipping in march?
Old 05-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Simi187' post='288220' date='May 26 2006, 06:34 PM
so if i am correct 08 models start shipping in march?
Maybe... maybe not. '08 *could* be the new face lift and *could* be released in the fall of '07 (Sept production).
Old 05-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

Originally Posted by Simi187' post='287851' date='May 25 2006, 11:03 PM
We are thinking about going to the dealership this saturday and buying a new 525. I got a few questions for you guys. When did the 07 model come out and is there anymore models coming out later this year? What options should we reconsider buying. We are getting it Auto with a navigation already. How is the Park Distance Control? Does it work well? Is their a huge difference between the Logic 7 Premium and just the regular audio? Should we get the sports package

But my main question is are they still selling 06 models or did the 07 models get realesed already.

Welcome, depending on where you are, you may find 06s on the lot, and you should bargain for them accordingly, as leftovers. No, there aren't any newer models coming, the March intro took the place of the usual Septemeber/October intro.

I think Nav is a waste, but don't use the car the way that would appreciate it. (I know how to get to work) I have Parking Distance Control and rely on it for reversing, because rearward vision is so bad, owing to design and headrests, etc. I'd listen to both stereos; my opinion is that L7 is NOT worth it unless it is on the exact car you want (why I wound up with mine). I did not have it on my E39 and cannot hear any serious difference, especially for that money..after all, this is a car and there are a lot of other noises to contend with. I also have cold weather in a 545 but I don't know what you are getting with Premium.

Finally, and most important, if you are truly a PERFORMANCE/DRIVING enthusiast, try to find a way to get the 530 SPORT. Otherwise, take the 525.

Good luck, and DRIVE BOTH.
Ray Hull
Old 05-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525iA 2007 white, beige interior, buisness navigation, buisness phone, Xenon lights, Auto adaptive lights, CD changer

I live in UAE - Dubai
I allready ordered a 525i 2007, and it will arrive this monday.
so 2007 is released

here in our country, 525i=530i, the difference between them only the engine size and the price
For that I choosed 525, because I don't like the races or any thing like that.
I like to have a quit drive with

business NAV+parking distance, active cruise, xenons lights, cd changer, bluetooth and many more options are same in both 525 and 530 in our country.
and for the rest of world I don't know

for the sound system I think to have the standard sound system is good if you like to listen to quit music alone

so for that, it is in the end the choice and taste of each of us. every one has it's own tastes.
For me 525 is enought and good.
For someone else 530. so on.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:16 AM
SRV
Members

Originally Posted by albloushi' post='288392' date='May 27 2006, 06:00 AM
I line in UAE - Dubai
I allready ordered a 525i 2007, and it will arrive this monday.
so 2007 is released

here in our country, 525i=530i, the difference between them only the engine size and the price
For that I choosed 525, because I don't like the races or any thing like that.
I like to have a quit drive with

business NAV+parking distance, active cruise, xenons lights, cd changer, bluetooth and many more options are same in both 525 and 530 in our country.
and for the rest of world I don't know

for the sound system I think to have the standard sound system is good if you like to listen to quit music alone

so for that, it is in the end the choice and taste of each of us. every one has it's own tastes.
For me 525 is enought and good.
For someone else 530. so on.
I am happy you you on your new 5. I hope you have many miles of great drives.
Old 05-28-2006, 05:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I cant beleive people actually say that the standard stereo is good enough. I heard it on a 2006 530 a couple of days ago and it is horrible. I cant beleive BMW would even think of installing such a crappy system. They must do it so that you upgrade to the LZ. It has unbeleivable sound, especially when its turned up. Spend the extra money its well worth it. If you want to save a few bucks get it without the CD changer, I never use mine. Sports package is a must and the NAV is very usefull.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:42 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525d Silver Grey, Amethyst interior, PDC, M sports package, logic 7, CD changer, Business navigation,Debadged, heated seats

Well, Logic 7 or not... That's the question. From my perspective, if I had to keep one extra, I would probably keep the logic 7. Simply because I'm a music addict kind of guy which basically means I can't stay in my car more than 30 seconds without turning on the stereo system and enjoy the great quality of logic 7 sound. In the other hand, I've got a few friends who rarely turn their radio on, most of the time just to listen the news and finally who do not really know their CD players are MP3 compatible. Therefore, I can understand why those people would not invest any money in a great sound system. And at the time I was considering the extras I should take, one pretty old salesman from the local dealership told me a state of the art sound system would be kind of a waste of money in a car... and another young one told me I would never regret it. Put things in perspective...
In conclusion, if you like great music, go for...
Other extra's I took are the PDC which is working perfect, the sport package which is absolutely marvelous (nice looking either inside and outside) but you have to know the sport suspensions are a little bit hard. The bluetooth for cell phone is also very nice and working great with the k750. To me, the business Navigation is not the best system ever build compare to a portable nav system such as Tom Tom for example. The integration with the radio and Idrive is definitely a "pro" but as a "cons", it is slightly less powerful and flexible than the TomTom. The other bad stuff in regards with the Business Nav is the fact that the CD slot is shared between CD player and Nav system meaning each time the nav has to recalculate your road, you have to interrupt audio CD listening to put the nav DVD to allow the system to recalculate the way...then put your audio CD back.
Last thing, as the CD charger id not MP3 compatible, I actually never use it...