E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

2007 Models

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 07:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are thinking about going to the dealership this saturday and buying a new 525. I got a few questions for you guys. When did the 07 model come out and is there anymore models coming out later this year? What options should we reconsider buying. We are getting it Auto with a navigation already. How is the Park Distance Control? Does it work well? Is their a huge difference between the Logic 7 Premium and just the regular audio? Should we get the sports package

But my main question is are they still selling 06 models or did the 07 models get realesed already.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Simi187' post='287851' date='May 25 2006, 11:03 PM
We are thinking about going to the dealership this saturday and buying a new 525. I got a few questions for you guys. When did the 07 model come out and is there anymore models coming out later this year? What options should we reconsider buying. We are getting it Auto with a navigation already. How is the Park Distance Control? Does it work well? Is their a huge difference between the Logic 7 Premium and just the regular audio? Should we get the sports package

But my main question is are they still selling 06 models or did the 07 models get realesed already.
It depends on where you are. The '07's came out with March production. You might find an '06 on the dealer lot but you won't be able to order an '06 anymore. Logic 7 is worth it if you don't want to do aftermarket work. It's one of the best factory systems I've listened to. Sport package is a must (IMO). If you're in the US I would also consider the premium package on the 525 even if it's for the Xenon lights alone. PDC works well but not required that said I like it. I like all the options but the ones I didn't bother with were Night Vision and Active Cruise. I picked up HD radio with mine but I don't think I would do it again.

And... welcome to the forum.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i 2006 Jet Black w/tan leather. Premium package; Sport Package; Sat Radio

First of all, I would trade off a couple of options for a 530i. I really like the power of mine. I agree the sport package is a must and the premium package is a no brainer. As for the stereo, I don't think the upgraded system is worth it. The way I look at it....the car is a small space and any half way decent system is gonig to sound great.

This is just my 2 cents!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='287866' date='May 25 2006, 08:23 PM
in the US I would also consider the premium package on the 525 even if it's for the Xenon lights alone.
Are xenon's standard now with the premium package? MY04 did not come with xenon's and I have the premium package, IIRC I don't think xenon's are included with PP.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:53 PM
Members

My Ride: On order: 07 550i, Jet black, black interior, steptronic, sports package, logic 7 sound minus CD changer, rear door mounted airbags, HUD, navigation and comfort access

The best thing to do is listen to both systems and judge for yourself. The audio systems sounds different to different people. Some will like it, others won't. Its very subjective. Having said that, I like my system. I got mine without the CD changer and that saved me $600. I use my ipod all the time so I don't need it. PDC is cool little feature. It works well, but it came standard on the 550. Sports package was a must for me. I like the feel. If you want more cushion, don't get it. But it's not that rough. A lot of the harshness has to do with the runflats. Price it out. If you went with a 530, some of the items are standard as compared to the 525 so you really only pay a few thousand more and you get a bigger engine. In the end, the best thing to do is to test drive both. It's your car and your money. Make sure your happy with what you get. The worst thing would be to buy a 525 and wishing you had gotten a 530.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Members

My Ride: On order: 07 550i, Jet black, black interior, steptronic, sports package, logic 7 sound minus CD changer, rear door mounted airbags, HUD, navigation and comfort access

Oh, I just realized from your screen name you live in Simi Valley I assume. If that's the case may I recommend Santa Maria BMW. I got mine there at $1000 over invoice. No other fees except tax, license and title. They were great to deal with. I live in the San Gabriel Valley and it was worth the 2.5 hour drive to pick it up. I saved a few thousand compared to what the dealers down here wanted. Talk with Ali. He is the internet sales person. Tell him I sent you. Down here your dealer may charge you MACO and training fees. Don't fall for it.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

Originally Posted by Octo' post='287895' date='May 26 2006, 12:53 AM
The best thing to do is listen to both systems and judge for yourself. The audio systems sounds different to different people. Some will like it, others won't. Its very subjective. Having said that, I like my system. I got mine without the CD changer and that saved me $600. I use my ipod all the time so I don't need it. PDC is cool little feature. It works well, but it came standard on the 550. Sports package was a must for me. I like the feel. If you want more cushion, don't get it. But it's not that rough. A lot of the harshness has to do with the runflats. Price it out. If you went with a 530, some of the items are standard as compared to the 525 so you really only pay a few thousand more and you get a bigger engine. In the end, the best thing to do is to test drive both. It's your car and your money. Make sure your happy with what you get. The worst thing would be to buy a 525 and wishing you had gotten a 530.

I second the upgrade to the 530. For the options I wanted there was only a $1000 delta between the 525i and 530i. I also chose the sport package and like the sport wheels on the 530 better than those offered on the 525.

Also I think there are very few rare 2006's out there. Even then I think the maintenance coverage started on the 2007.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nickolas_g' post='287996' date='May 26 2006, 07:58 AM
Also I think there are very few rare 2006's out there. Even then I think the maintenance coverage started on the 2007.
Maintenance coverage started in 2000 and expanded shortly after. In 2007 you now get 3 or 4 years of BMW Assist.
Old 05-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Members

It's 4 years of BMW assist. FREE!!!
Old 05-26-2006, 07:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

In Europe and the rest of the world the '07 model
will be introduced from the September production.

Quick Reply: 2007 Models